- Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients :
- 1 box of Triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ C water
- ½ C canola oil
- cupcake pan
- cupcake liners
- Pecan Pie topping ingredients :
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 C light corn syrup
- 4 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 C Chopped Pecans
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon Frosting ingredients :
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 large piping bag, fitted with a star tip
- 1 bottle of Salted Caramel Sauce
Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a large bowl, beat together until combined the cake mix, eggs,
- water, and oil
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full
- Put in the oven and bake for 22 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Transfer to a cooling rack andallow to cool completely before frosting.
Pecan Pie topping :
- Using a medium saucepan stir together all filling ingredients EXCEPT
- pecans and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Let mixture cool on the counter for 10 minutes and then refrigerate for 1 hour
Cinnamon Frosting :
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Mix until you see stiff peaks in your frosting and scoop into piping bag
- Frost cooled cupcakes around the edge leaving the center open
- Scoop the Pecan Pie mix into the center of the cupcake
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the cupcakes