Oh, the joy of easy cooking when you just don’t know what to make. When it comes to quick and easy dinners, a salad is always a great idea for dinner. Especially when you don’t feel like turning on your oven on a hot, steamy summer night. This salad is sure to cool you right off during those heat waves. If you are looking for a Lentil Salad, look no further. You won’t know you loved Lentil Salad until you try this one.
Seriously, if you thought other salad recipes were simple, this may be the simplest salad in the world to make. Between the cool and healthy ingredients topped with a zesty dressing – it’s just salad perfection.
This Lentil Salad happens not only to be low in calories, only 100 per serving but it’s also very high in fiber, gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan. If you do decide you want to beef it up some or make it more of a meal, you have plenty of options. Let’s give you some ideas!
You could add in chopped rotisserie chicken or any type of grilled chicken from the grill. You could even add in cooked and cooled jasmine or cauliflower rice. If you want to add more veggies, you could throw in chopped cucumbers or bell peppers straight from your garden. Chickpeas are a great option to toss in as well.
So light, so refreshing and so simple to make. If you love this salad check out the recipe for the Tomato, Cucumber, and Avocado Salad. It’s a great salad too! If you have a garden outside you most likely already have fresh mint you can chop up and throw right in this salad along with rich sun-dried tomatoes and cucumbers. The protein-packed lentils are the shining star of this salad. Tender and refreshing!
The mint and lemon zest truly bring it all together! You most likely will have it on repeat as you just can’t get enough of this Lentil Salad. You are really going to love it! It’s like summertime in a bowl and once you have it, you will start to crave it.
Did you make it? Tell us just how it went in the comment section below. Did you add anything to the salad? Let us know. Enjoy!
- 1 C. Lentils uncooked
- 1 English cucumber finely diced
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- ¾ C. Loosely packed mint leaves chopped well
- ½ C. Diced sun-dried tomatoes
For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Place the lentils and 3 cups of water in a saucepan on the stove. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the lentils become tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the lentils in cold water, and then chill in the fridge until cold.
- Mix together the cold lentils, cucumber, red onion, mint leaves and sun dried tomatoes in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the lentil mixture and stir to combine before serving chilled.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS INFO :
WW Green plan – 0 PersonalPoints per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 299Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 194mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 7gSugar 5gProtein 14g
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂