For many families, the best recipes in summer times are the salads. because are so easy, fresh and healthy.
If you are looking for a quick summer salad full of fresh vegetables tossed in a delicious homemade dressing this is the perfect salad. It’s a great fast side dish for any potluck or even Easter dinner that is a simple, Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad recipe that can be prepared in under sixteen minutes.
If you take it anywhere, at least a handful of people will ask you for the recipe. It’s guaranteed!
COOKING TIME: 25 MINUTES | SERVING: 6 | 5 SMARTPOINTS PER SERVING
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad:
can black beans
sharp cheddar cheese
juice of lime
tortilla chips, crushed
jalapeño, diced, toasted pumpkin seeds, diced avocado or jicama for garnish (optional)
HOW TO MAKE THIS Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad:
Step 1: In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for dressing then refrigerate until ready to use.
Step 2: In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients together. Add dressing a little at a time then toss until lightly coated.
Step 3: Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately
Save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- DRESSING :
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning, hot or mild
- SALAD :
- 3 cups chicken, cooked, cooled and diced
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped, about 1 head
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 4-5 green onions, sliced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, or pepper jack, cut into ¼” cubes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- jalapeño, diced, toasted pumpkin seeds, diced avocado or jicama for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for dressing then refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients together. Add dressing a little at a time then toss until lightly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINT INFO:
5 Green Points
1 Blue Points
1 Smart Points
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 742Total Fat 46gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 98mgSodium 1105mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 15gSugar 12gProtein 34g