Creamy, cheesy, and delicious is how I like to describe this Panera Copycat Mac and Cheese!
I just can’t seem to get away from comfort food even when I go out to eat. It’s just something that I love… and mac and cheese fits the bill for the ultimate comfort food and that’s why when this weeks #SundaySupper theme was chosen I just knew I needed to participate. It’s been quite a few months since I last joined the wonderful #SundaySupper movement… but now hopefully I’m back to stay and back to blogging on a regular basis.
Have you ever ate at Panera Bread before? They have one in a nearby mall and I try to swing by whenever I go shopping. I love their soups just as much as their mac and cheese! So cheesy… so creamy… so delicious!
I’m not going to lie… I do love some good ol’ mac and cheese straight from the box, but I know I can make it much better homemade and after whipping up this Panera copycat recipe… you’ll want to make it homemade all the time too!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pound small or medium noodles, cooked*
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add flour and stir with a whisk 2-3 minutes, but do not allow to golden as you want your mac and cheese to stay white.
- Reduce heat to medium and slowly add milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
- Continuously whisk until mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce to low and add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add cook pasta, stirring to combine and if needed stir until thoroughly heated or remove from heat.
- *May use any type of pasta shape--I just prefer shells for my mac and cheese.
Well now it’s time to check out the rest of the awesome Copycat recipes!! It’s like having your favorite restaurants right in your own kitchen!! <3
- Copy Cat Orange Julius Recipe (sugar free) by Simply Healthy Family
- Hard Rock Cafe’s Twist & Shout Shake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Bang Bang Cauliflower Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Copy Cat: Outback Bloomin’ Sauce with Onion Petals by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Nopal Dip by Cookin’ Mimi
- Copycat Hershey’s Syrup: Homemade Chocolate Syrup by Brunch with Joy
- Copycat Sriracha Sauce by Nosh My Way
- The Village Cafe’s Avocado Dressing by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad Copycat by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Applebee’s Shrimp and Cavatappi by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- B.good’s West Side burger with chipotle salsa and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie and Asparagus Pasta by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesecake Factory Cashew Chicken by Feeding Big
- Chicken Kitchen Chop Chop and Curry Mustard Sauce by Love and Confections
- Chicken Tikka Poutine by Sustainable Dad
- Chili’s Margarita Grilled Chicken by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Filet Mignon with Red Wine Reduction and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- IHOP’s Ham, Egg & Cheese Melt by Food Done Light
- Chevy’s Sweet Corn Tomalito by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Henri’s Tas-Tee Dressing Clone and Cole Slaw by Palatable Pastime
- Panera Copycat Mac and Cheese by From Gate to Plate
- Copycat Cosmic Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cracker Barrel’s Double Fudge Coca-Cola Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Friendly’s Monster Mash Sundae by The Redhead Baker
- Sheetz “Gobbz” Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Tiramisu by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Yeasted Sour Cherry Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.