Well, well. In 5 days I will be enjoying the not so pleasurable classrooms once again as I enter my last semester of college… again. I already have senioritis and classes haven’t even begun! Is that really even possible?! I’m excited for my new classes this semester, but boy am I ready to be done with school. Don’t get me wrong, if someone else is footing the pocketbook I will more than gladly stay in school :). Ohh and they need to buy all my supplies too!
As of right now I don’t even think I have a teacher for two of my classes. Joyful ha!
I am going to be sad when I leave… I won’t be able to enjoy our wonderful garden… Granted I will be taking a bunch of stuff back with me! But, hopefully I will be able to come back home every other weekend or so… I’m only 3 hours away!
Anyways, enough about ol’ school… let’s talk cucumbers.
As I’ve previously stated in my other blog posts Pickled Pasta with Cucumbers & Tomatoes, and Cucumbers & Onions… we are in cucumber overload! Yup, and not to mention zucchini (Five Flavored Zucchini Cake), summer squash, tomatoes, peppers, jalapenos, eggplant… one thing is for sure; we won’t be starving around here with all these fresh vegetables around!
So this Cucumbers on Rye business is really easy! It’s just a little appetizer. A piece of Rye bread, cream cheese, and cucumbers… Very good!!
If you’re looking for something besides salads to help utilize those cucumbers, give this little app a try!
- 8 ounces (PHILADELPHIA) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Italian Blend seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Rye Bread
- Cucumbers, peeled, 1/4" slices
- To Taste---Dill
- To Taste---Seasoning salt
- Cream together cream cheese and seasonings
- Cut rye bread into squares
- Spread cream cheese mixture over rye bread squares
- Top with cucumber slices
- Seasoning with dill and seasoning salt
- **These can be stored in the refrigerator for 5-7 days**