Okay, so I must admit that I love M&Ms. Especially the peanut butter filled ones. Simply love them! I hadn’t made M&M cookies in forever which is kind of crazy! I was on the hunt for a new recipe (I am always on the hunt for new recipes just to try, but once I find one that is absolutely delic… I stop my hunting… ha!) when I ran onto this divine Soft & Chewy M&M Cookie recipe from Averie Cooks.
The name does not lie… They are so soft like the melt in your mouth kind of soft!
So… being on the farm you really don’t have much time to eat, let alone cook; so here we tend to lean more towards sweets to keep us going until we’re able to set down. Cookies are the easiest way for us because we can just grab them and take them where ever we’re going. Given it’s summertime, we spend a lot of time on the tractors. It’s hay season… the busiest time of the year it seems like. Constantly checking the weather to see when you can mow hay, ted hay (which means you’re going through with a tractor and tedder fluffing up the hay so it dries out faster), rack, bale hay (big bales and square bales… square bales are so much more work), and then finally put the hay away in the hay barracks. Trying to avoid letting it get rained because then it loses nutrient quality and well our cattle and horses need those nutrients. As you can see, it’s a very busy process with not much time to stop and eat.
I was shopping at our local Dutchman’s Store when I seen they had 3-pound bags of assorted M&Ms for sale. Um, yes I did buy like 6 bags! They were super cheap… and by super cheap I’m talking just a couple bucks for a bag. How could you pass those up? I came home and right away I had to start mixing these cookies up. I didn’t stick with the simple chocolate M&Ms either. I went all out and used peanut, peanut butter, AND chocolate… all in one cookie! They were so delicious. I need to be making some again soon. They only lasted about two days… My nephew does have a huge sweet tooth and if I would’ve let him, he would’ve ate the entire double batch in one day.
So make sure when you have a sweet tooth, you dig into this recipe because I’m telling you… it won’t disappoint!
Doesn’t this cookie dough just look too good to bake? I honestly was half tempted not to bake it and just dig in with a spoon. I won’t lie though, I did have a few spoonfuls before they went in the oven. 🙂
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup M&Ms of your liking
- In a mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars
- Add the egg and vanilla, beating on medium until light and fluffy
- In a sifter, combine all the dry ingredients
- Sift dry ingredients into butter mixture and mix just until combined
- Fold in M&Ms
- Using a cookie scoop or just a spoon, form heaping mounds of dough and place on a large plate or cookie sheet
- Cover dough with plasticwrap and refrigeratre for at least 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Using a greased cookie sheet, place dough 2 inches apart
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges have "set" (do not bake more than 10 minutes as cookies will be way overcooked)
- Allow cookies to cool 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to wire rack to finish cooling
- Store cookies in an airtight container
- **Allow dough to come to room temperature for roughly 15 minutes before baking**
- **When I bake cookies, I start with my first rack on the bottom for half the cook time and rotate up, then repeat with next sheet of cookies**
- **Unbaked cookie dough can be stored in the refrigerator or frozen until your sweet tooth takes another hold**