The weather is getting down right chilly over here in the Midwest. I don’t think I’m ready for 40* yet. Apparently we’ve really just kind of skipped that 70* “fall temperature” thing this year. But, hey what can we do? Mother Nature rules all and we must all accompany to her.
Snow will be here before we know it. Ugh. I love snow, but it sure makes it hard to work on the farm. Snowmobiling is the only good thing that comes from snow. Ok, ok… and maybe building Frosty 🙂
Anyways… what is your favorite thing to do during the fall months? Besides football season, I am all for a good bonfire and what is mandatory at a bonfire?! S’mores!!
Well, shucks. I haven’t had a bonfire all year and I’ve been craving a good S’more so what’s the next best thing? S’more bars! I made these S’more Bars for a Chiefs tailgate party last weekend and they were an absolute hit! Everyone loved them. Gooey marshmallow crème sandwiched together by a graham cracker crust with chocolate. Delicious! Super easy as well.
Don’t wait to try these!! Get in that kitchen and whip up these gooey bars!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 14 ounces milk chocolate (large Hersey bars)
- 7 ounces marshmallow crème
- Line a square baking dish with parchment/wax paper
- Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy
- Add the egg and vanilla; mix well
- Sift in the dry ingredients, mixing well. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the lined baking dish
- Press chocolate bars onto the dough (should cover the entire 8x8 dish)
- Spread the marshmallow crème over the chocolate
- Roll the remaining 1/3 dough out on a nonslick surface into a perfect 8x8 square that you can set on top of the marshmallow crème
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before cutting and serving.
- **You can use Melting Chocolate instead of Hersey's bars. Simply melt the chocolate and pour evenly over the bottom crust and allow to set (cool) before spreading the marshmallow crème over the chocolate**
- **When cutting be sure to whip down your knife after each slice so you do not leave marshmallow residue on the top of your bars**
**Whimsy Wednesdays 86 ** It’s Fall Ya’ll ** All My Bloggy Friends 69 ** What’d You Do This Weekend 38 ** Tailgating Saturday Dishes ** Make Bake Create Party 30 ** Wonderful Food Wednesday ** Marvelous Mondays 69 ** Wednesday Whatsits 81 ** Cast Party Wednesday 114**