I love zucchini. I think I’ve already told you that though! It’s so versatile and I love it!
What’s your favorite way to eat zucchini?? I honestly love my zucchini coated in flour and seasoned with salt and pepper, fried in a half stick of butter. Too much butter? Psh, no such thing!!
But my mom got tired of me simply making sweets with the zucchini so I had to come up with something new.
Why not stuff it?
In my house we’re a big fan of pork. Bacon especially, but who doesn’t love bacon?! I could eat crispy, fatty, plain deliciously yummy bacon every day! Ohh, but this recipe doesn’t involve bacon. Sorry for getting your hopes up!
Sausage is the next best thing… Okay, so maybe that’s debatable, but anyways for the sake of this post, sausage is the next best thing so just go with it! Okay? Glad we’re good to go!!
This recipe is really quick easy… you can throw it together in 10 minutes and in the oven it goes! Love it and it’s so delicious!!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!!
- 4-5 small zucchini
- 1 pound sausage, uncooked
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-32 ounce spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Wash zucchini and cut lengthwise
- Remove seeds and make a cavity leaving 1/4-inch attached to the skin
- Combine seeds, sausage, bread crumbs, garlic and Parmesan cheese
- Stuff zucchini with the filling
- Place in a 9x13 baking dish
- Pour spaghetti sauce over zucchini
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes
- Remove aluminum foil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
- Return to oven, uncovered, and bake until the cheese has melted
**Participating in Tasteful Tuesdays && Wake Up Wednesday && Wine’d Down Wednesday && Whimsy Wednesdays && Live Laugh Linky Thursday && Tasty Thursdays && TGIF && Strut Your Stuff Saturday link parties**