Do you like something little chocolaty, a little nutty, and a little spicy? Try these Double Chocolate Ginger Hazelnut Cake Balls to satisfy that love!
Fair warning… I’m exhausted and a little scatter brained right now so lets just keep this all short and sweet shall we?! Double chocolate sweet!
Have you ever had an idea that you wanted to bake and then it turned into a complete flop? Well, I must admit I don’t have flops very often, but boy my original plan that I had for this Chocolate and Hazelnut Party sure turned into a flop… but a beautiful and absolutely tasty one because I was able to salvage my first plan and turn them into these stunning cake balls that are held together with a chocolate buttercream frosting. Yummy!!
If you ever have a flop, you should try to salvage it in some way because you never know what amazing things will come of it. 🙂
These cake balls are double the chocolate lovin’ with a lovely touch of ginger and filled with chopped hazelnuts. Delicious. Super moist and tender. Scrumptious!
Now… go get your chocolate and nut lovin’ self into that kitchen and whip these babies up! Just don’t mess them up haha.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups melted chocolate (dark/semi-sweet)
- 1/4-1/2 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven t 350* and grease a 9x9 inch square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, and corn syrup until melted and remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to chocolate mixture, mixing well.
- Add the milk and egg, stirring until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350*F for 35-45 minutes or until tests done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled crumble to cake up into small pieces.
- Mix in the chocolate buttercream frosting.
- Roll into balls and place on a wax-lined baking sheet and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and coat with melted chocolate and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Cream the butter until smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, mixing thoroughly.
- **I made 41-1" balls... so depending on your size it might be more or less**
Now that you’ve seen mine… be sure to head on over to our host Roxana from Roxana’s Home Baking to see what she has for you!! 🙂
Are you wanting to participate?! Well here are a few simple rules to follow
1. Blog about your chocolate treat! Your recipe must include the two ingredients we choose. It can be a simple no-bake treat or a sophisticated layer cake; the complexity level of the recipe is totally up to you!
2. Include a link back to the Chocolate Party Page! Optionally, add the Chocolate Party logo in your blog post or on your sidebar.
3. Your recipe must be published during the current month! Please do not link old recipes, they will be deleted.
Link up with us using the tool below if you have a recipe this month that includes both Chocolate and Hazelnuts!!