Take your baked french toast to the next level by using flakey croissant rolls in this Baked Cinnamon Raisin Croissant French Toast!
It’s Foodie Extravaganza Day and this month’s theme is Croissants, although some will be using the Crescent Roll. This month’s host is Kathleen from Fearlessly Creative Mammas. If you’ve missed the previous months, be sure to check them all out HERE.
Breakfast around this house is few and far in between. This month’s theme gave me a good opportunity to create a delicious breakfast for C and me… as you should know breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
This dish bakes up beautifully. You get a taste of cinnamon and raisins in each bite coupled with buttery, flakey croissant rolls. Yes, your taste buds will love you!
- 8 small croissants rolls, baked
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350*F and grease a 9x4 loaf pan.
- Tear the baked croissant rolls into pieces and place in the loaf pan.
- Top with raisins.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, white sugar, and vanilla. Pour over the bread.
- In another small bowl combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until course crumbs resemble. Place over the bread and egg mixture.
- Bake at 350*F for 30-45 minutes or until eggs are done. (The top may appear done before the center)
- Remove from oven and serve with butter and syrup.
- **I used one tube of Pillsbury Croissant Rolls**
- **You may also prep this for the next morning by placing your croissants, raisins, and egg mixture in the pan, covering and refrigerating overnight. Then top with the crumble and bake accordingly**
Beefy Green Chile Braid by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
Pain Au Jambon by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Pain Au Chocolat by Making Miracles
Sausage, Egg and Cheese Croissant with Maple Dijon Sauce by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Cinnamon and Apple Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
Chocolate Croissants by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Croque Monsieur Croissants by Caroline’s Cooking
Almond Croissant French Toast by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Bacon Fig Dippers for Melty Cheese by Cooking with Carlee
Triple Meat Croissants Breakfast Casserole by Cookin’ and Craftin’
Coronation Chicken Horns by Food Lust People Love
Breakfast Croissant Ring by Our Good Life
Baked Cinnamon Raisin Croissant French Toast by From Gate to Plate
What is Food Extravaganza? It’s when a group of bloggers get together and make a recipe using one main ingredient. Where do we get the ingredient? We look at The Nibble and pick something off of their list. Croissants are actually celebrated on January 30th, but it’s in January, so it’s fair game. You can check out our group Pinterest board for past recipes. If you’re a blogger, you can join along with us by requesting to join on our Facebook page. Now, on to the goodness.
Thanks for swinging by!
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…