I am addicted to Fried Pickles. Like seriously. Addicted. Dipped in Ranch. Is anyone else just as addicted??
we I go out to eat and Fried Pickles are on the app menu… I have to get them!! I’ve actually never tried making them before but…. then… TSRI happened!
I was so thrilled when I saw the recipe on The Slow Roasted Italian (TSRI). I know you’ve heard me talk about Donna before because I just love her site!! She’s amazing and all of her food is absolutely delicious!! Go. See. Her. NOW!
I mean, I really don’t have anything else to say about these Fried Pickles, because well…. they speak for themselves!
Crispy. Yummy. Delicious.
Go make them right now!! Seriously. GO!
- 1-16 ounce jar dill pickles (slices or spears), drained
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cooking oil
- In a large saucepan, preheat 2-inches of oil to 350*F. Prepare a tray with a double stack of paper towels.
- In a medium bowl combine buttermilk and egg. Beat with a fork to combine.
- Add drained pickles to the buttermilk mixture, stirring to combine.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add about 15 pickles to the flour mixture. Stirring to make sure they are all well coated. Shake off excess flour and drop into hot oil, one at a time.
- Fry pickles for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on the paper towel lined tray.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce
- **If cooking spears, use 4-inches of oil**
This recipe is participating in these link parties: