I can’t believe I forgot all about this recipe! Last month when I couldn’t figure out what I wanted to take to the tailgate party at Arrowhead, my bestie and I were brainstorming. She reminded me of these (because I took them to a game last year) and how everyone loved them. They’re so good… Pretty much the most delicious brownie I’ve ever had! So soft, moist, full of apples and the caramel just makes them all the better! I mean just look at this delicious batter…
I created this recipe a few years ago when I had an over abundance of apples and was kind of tired of apple pies. I HAD to add caramel because I just love it so much! What sort of apple dishes or desserts do you like to make? Caramel Fruit Dip is another one of my favorites. If you missed the recipe be sure to check it out here.
I hope you enjoy these!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups apples, peeled, finely diced
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Sift in dry ingredients.
- Stir in apples.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan
- Sprinkle caramel bits over batter and press in slightly.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until lightly browned and tests done when a toothpick is inserted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- **You may adjust sugar to satisfy the sweetness of your apples**
**Friday with Friends (1)**Sweet & Savoury (36)**Munching Mondays (14)**What’d You Do This Weekend (41)**Inspiration Monday**Less Laundry, More Linking (15)**Show Me Your Plaid Monday’s (43)**Give Me The Goods (34)**Marvelous Mondays (72)**Mix It Up Monday**Super Saturday (18)**Show Me What Ya Got (146)**Time to Sparkle (35)**Whimsy Wednesday (89)**Tuesday Talent Show (109)**Wake Up Wednesdays (12)**Sugar & Spice (189)**Whatever Wednesday**Wonderful Food Wednesday (63)**Wednesday Whatsits (84)***Create It or Back It (5)**Two-Cup Tuesdays (45)**The Wednesday Round-Up Link Party**
This recipe has been featured in these linky parties: