This easy Skillet Spaghetti and Meatballs is sure to please the man in your life any night of the week!
With Father’s Day right around the corner, I felt it was time to jump back on the wagon, or blog, and put some work in. Sunday Supper’s theme this week helped me get back in the groove… thank you to my dear friend that I met while in Orlando, Sarah, from The Chef Next Door for hosting!
I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posted…. a solid month to be in fact. #BrunchWeek was going so well last month and I had a lot of great recipes to share. Then I headed off to Orlando for #FWCon and was gone for 5 days. While at #FWCon I met a lot of the Sunday Supper clan, finally, in person! We ate lots of food, gained quite a bit of knowledge and became very motivated to improve my writings, photography and consistency. Needless to say… none of those things have happened given I haven’t posted since the conference. Life has just been so busy!
I honestly couldn’t even tell you where the last 4 weeks have gone! I know we have AI’d a lot of cattle, gave them their yearly shots, as well as the new calves, and turned them into the bull. After a weeks worth of rain… the ground dried out and we were able to mow hay. Hay season is a super busy season for us as we’re prepping for the winter to make sure the cattle and horses have enough to eat when there’s snow on the ground!
So while we’re super busy prepping the cattle for next years calf crop and hay for winter… a meal still has to be served. Even if it’s at 11pm at night! I’m pretty sure in the last 4 weeks we’ve at supper at least once a week at 11pm!
That’s why when it comes to C’s favorite dish… it’s a breeze to make and no matter what he’s happy with it because as he says… “I could eat spaghetti every day for every meal forever.” Yeah, he’s weird because I’d get tired of it… but if it’s his favorite.. I’ll make it when I’m in a pinch to get something on the table!
You’re probably wondering why I’m making C’s favorite dish for this theme when it’s called Dad’s Favorite. Well when I was only 6 months old my father was killed. He was hit by a car and the person responsible was never found. I never grew up with a father so I don’t know what his favorite meal would be! That’s why I went ahead and am sharing C’s favorite. Hopefully one day… after we’re married this year… he’ll be a father 🙂 . We all dream about that day, right?!
Anyways… This Skillet Spaghetti and Meatballs is super easy! I don’t cook the spaghetti with the meatballs… I cook them separate in their own pan as usual. I mix the meatballs up and place them in a greased cast iron (which you don’t have to use, but I love cooking in mine!) to brown on both sides and then pour my marinara sauce over the browned meatballs, cover and let cook for about 10 minutes. Easy peasey! Drain your pasta, top with the meatballs and sauce. Let your man enjoy them!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs (Panko)
- 16 ounces your favorite Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- In a stock pot, begin to boil water for spaghetti.
- In a large bowl, crumble the ground beef and add onion, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, and bread crumbs. Mix completely with hands, but don't overwork otherwise the meatballs will be tough.
- Using a cookie scoop or cake ball scoop (or whatever you have around, a spoon will work too) form into a ball.
- In a cast iron (or large skillet) place enough oil to coat the bottom and turn on medium heat.
- Place meatballs in the heated skillet and brown 1-2 minutes and then with tongs (or fork) turn meatballs over and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Pour marinara sauce over meatballs and cover, reducing heat to medium-low and cook about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti.
- Once spaghetti is cooked, drain and serve with meatballs and sauce!
- Top with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil!
- **I use a cake ball scoop and this yields 22-24 meatballs**
- **Meatballs will store in refrigerator uncooked for 1-2 days or freeze extras!**
Check out the remaining Father Favorites recipes!
Appetizers & Snacks:
- Best Popcorn Ever (with Nutritional Yeast!!) by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Easy Homemade Pretzel Recipe by April Golightly
- Nana’s Pimento Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bourbon Sweet Tea Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dad’s Favorite Blueberry Pancakes by Family Around The Table
- Steak & Egg Breakfast Skillet by Caroline’s Cooking
Condiments & Sauces:
- Apple Crisp by Ninja Baker
- Banana Berry Bread by Desserts Required
- Blackberry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream by Simple and Savory
- Black Bourbon Walnut Brownies with Maple-Candied Bacon by The Crumby Cupcake
- Blueberry Ice Cream Cookie Bars by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cherry Garcia Bars by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes by Crazed Mom Lifestyle & Recipes
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Coconut Cream Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Tempura Strawberries by Baking Sense
- German Chocolate Brownie Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs with Fresh Whipped Cream by Helpful Homemade
- Peach Crumble Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Personal Banana Cream Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Maizena Tamal by Basic N Delicious
- Mom’s Carrot Cake by Jennifer Cooks
- Bacon Patty Melts by Cookin’ Mimi
- BBQ Salmon Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by PancakeWarriors
- Beef Shepherd’s Pie Casserole by Cooking Chat
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Carolina-Style BBQ Burger by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee-Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fried Chicken by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Chicken and Beef Stir Fry by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Filet Mignon with Zip Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Italian Sausage and Peppers by Monica’s Table
- Moroccan Preserved Lemon Chicken Tagine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Philly Style Slow Roasted Pork Sandwich with Broccoli Rabe and Provolone by The Hungry Goddess
- Sharp Cheddar and Crispy Onion Burgers with Horseradish Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Skillet Spaghetti and Meatballs by From Gate to Plate
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Garlic-Chive Aioli by Wholistic Woman
- Turkey Chorizo Burgers with Guacamole by Books n’ Cooks
- Vegetarian “Philly Cheesesteak” by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Walnut Cauliflower Zucchini Boats by Beauty and the Beets
- Chipotle Lime Cole Slaw by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- The Ultimate BLT Pasta Salad by Cooking with Carlee
Plus What Dad Really Wants for Father’s Day from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.