Tacos have never tasted better than when making your own Homemade Taco Seasoning!
Hey ya’ll. Back to back recipes after a whole month of nothing… I’m doing good! 😛
Today I’m sharing with you a quick and easy Homemade Taco Seasoning from Cooking with Traci (I’m Hungry-Words of a Growing Boy) for this month’s Secret Recipe Club! With our busy hay season here, I’m all for quick and easy. Tacos and or taco meat is my go-to for just about anything. The tomatoes will be coming on soon and there’s nothing better than fresh tomatoes to go along with tacos! This Homemade Taco Seasoning will help me out a lot! Mix quite a bit up and just store it in a sealed container… like a mason jar or something 🙂
Not only did I find this recipe on Traci’s blog, but I also found a few more quick recipes for when I’ve had a long day outside and want to whip up something on the fly… such as these Monterey Cheese Quesadillas, Crockpot Chicken Fajitas, and Sweet and Sour Pork.
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder granules
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder granules
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional for heat tolerance)
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Store in an air tight container, such as a mason jar.
- To prepare...
- Use 3 tablespoons per 1/2 cup water in 1 pound of cooked meat (ground beef, chicken, ect).
- Stir occasionally for roughly 5 minutes or until water has been soaked up.
- Serve any way you like!
- *Yields roughly 8 tablespoons*