Fried Chicken Biscuits and Gravy Sandwich. The ultimate brunch sandwich!
Welcome! This week marks the fourth annual #BrunchWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are so excited to have you join us this year as we celebrate Brunch and prepare for Mother’s Day. This year we have 37 bloggers from around the country showcasing their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to cakes, breakfast breads, tarts, and quiche – there is something for everyone! Our amazing Sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BrunchWeek giveaway. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!
I am so thrilled to be able to participate with all these lovelies for this years annual #BrunchWeek!
Today I’m combining a few of my favorites. Biscuits and gravy. Fried chicken. Sunny side up eggs. Cheese. Onions. Some might not consider this very brunch like, but ugh–I do 🙂
You can make your own biscuits or use canned biscuits. You can fry your own chicken strips or use store bought. I’ve done it both ways. Either way, delicious.
This dish is really quite simple and is sure to please your guests. I sautéed Vidalia Onions and shredded Cabot Chipotle Cheddar Cheese to add to the top as well. I liked adding a little spice to the dish, but if you don’t like heat.. just shred plain cheddar!
- 4 fried chicken strips, cooked
- 4 biscuits, cooked
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease (OR butter
- 4 thin slices Vidalia Onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2+ cups milk
- To Taste salt
- To Taste pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cabot Cheese
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour, stirring about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add just enough milk to dissolve the roux mixture, stirring until it thickens a boils.
- Add more milk, continuing to thicken until you've reached your desired gravy thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small saute pan, melt the bacon grease or butter. Saute the onions until tender.
- Remove onions and add your eggs, cooking to your desire.
- To assemble, cut each biscuit in half, add a chicken strip, egg, gravy, onion and top with a little cheese.
Check out the remaining #BrunchWeek recipes for Day #2 below!!
- Bluberry Mint Julep by The Suburban Soapbox
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Lemon-Glazed Banana and Candied Ginger Scones by The Texan New Yorker
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins by Feeding Big and more
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts by The Chef Next Door
- Braided Pepperoni Pizza Bread by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- French Toast with Apple Compote and Caramel Syrup by The Redhead Baker
- Lemon Sticky Buns by The Barbee Housewife
- Same Day Mock Liege Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple and Caramelized Onion Tart by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Tropical Smoothie by Gluten Free Crumbley
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Breakfast Burger by Cooking In Stilettos
- Fiddlehead, Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Quiche by Palatable Pastime
- Poached Eggs on Asparagus Bundled with Prosciutto on Cheesy Polenta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Baked Seafood Stuffed Avocados by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Fried Chicken Biscuits and Gravy Sandwich by From Gate to Plate
- Kielbasa Welsh Rarebit by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pulled Pork Pancakes by Brunch-n-Bites
- Sausage and Fried Apples by Making Miracles
- Brie and Raspberry Tarts by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Lemon Meringue Angel Food Cake by Love & Confections
- Lemon Zucchini Bread by Sweet Beginnings
- Orange Cheesecake With Caramel Rum Sauce by Wholistic Woman
Now if you’d like to enter up in the giveaway please see my post from Day #1. 🙂
Be sure to check out all my recipes for this week!!
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to go enter the giveaway listed on Day #1!!
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.