A Steak Omelette is the perfect way to begin or end your day!
There’s two ingredients that I have an abundance of in my fridge and freezer.
Thanks to my high producing hens and cows. That’s the benefit of living in the country and raising livestock 🙂 My hens are quite the girls… we’ve got around 50 hens and roosters running around and typically we average around two dozen a day throughout the year… January through April being the heaviest months. Sometimes we get way over run with eggs so when #SundaySupper decided to throw an Eggtastic Easter Theme… I was excited to have new recipes to try!!
The recipe I’m sharing today is by no means a “new” recipe, but you can’t be a Steak Omelette whether it’s for breakfast or supper. Most the time around here it’s for supper because breakfast is very slim.
I used sandwich sliced ribeye for these omelets, but you’re more than welcome to substitute your favorite… flank, new york, or even skirt steak if you cook it correctly! Ohhh and while the steak is on the grill, toss hash brown patties in aluminum foil with some butter and cook. When they get done toss on some cheese. It’s the perfect side!!
Grab a skillet, sautè a handful of onion, peppers, mushrooms and even add some tomatoes! Then whisk a couple eggs, season with salt and pepper and pour into a skillet to cook. Add the sautéed veggies to the cooked omelette with cheese and the slices of cooked steak. It’s really a hearty and delicious meal! Especially if you added the hash browns on the grill. If you didn’t, you can cook them on the stove.
- 1 8 ounce ribeye steak OR steak of choice
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat grill to 350*F.
- Season steak with salt and pepper and place on grill cooking to your desired doneness. When done rest 5 minutes and then thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter and saute the onion, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and pour in half the egg mixture and cook until the bottom and edges are cooked.
- Place the suateed vegetables in the middle along with the steak and 1/2 the cheese.
- Fold the omelette in half.
- Repeat with the last omelette!
If I’ve caught your attention with my Steak Omelette then be sure to check out the remaining egg recipes!!
Appetizers & Sides
- Classic Deviled Eggs from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Classic Deviled Eggs(-alad Sandwiches) from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Easter Deviled Egg Chicks from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Momma’s Meals
- Ham and Swiss Deviled Eggs from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Hrudka – Ukrainian Egg Cheese for Easter from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoky Deviled Bacon And Eggs from Taste And See
- Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs from An Appealing Plan
Main Dishes (Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Brinner and Dinner!)
- Achiote Pulled Pork and Black Bean Huevos Rancheros from Cooking on The Ranch
- Asparagus Sausage Skillet with Egg from Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Chilaquiles from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Eggs in Cream from Tramplingrose
- Baked Scotch Eggs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chorizo, Dubliner, and Vegetable Quiche from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich from My Imperfect Kitchen
- Classic Shirred Eggs with Gruyere and Ham from The Weekend Gourmet
- Egg Biryani from Food Lust People Love
- Fri-Tot-Ta from Feeding Big
- Hashbrown Egg Nests from The TipToe Fairy
- Italian Style Stuffed Bread from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Jalapeño Popper Quiche from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Japanese Egg Crepes (Kinshi Tamago) from NinjaBaker.com
- Low Carb Breakfast Pizza from My Life Cookbook
- Make Ahead & Freeze Omelette Cups from Hardly A Goddess
- Mediterranean Frittata from A Mind “Full” Mom
- Mini Frittata with Asparagus and Six Italian Cheeses from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Papas con Huevos (Potato and Egg Tacos) from Kitchen Gidget
- Pasta Carbonara with Shrimp and Leeks from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Poached Eggs over Roasted Asparagus from Monica’s Table
- Potato, Egg and Cheese Scramble from And She Cooks
- Spaghetti with Fried Eggs from The Texan New Yorker
- Steak Benedict from Palatable Pastime
- Steak Omelette from From Gate to Plate
- Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach Quiche from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sunny Side Up Burger from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tex-Mex Migas from Caroline’s Cooking
- Toad in the Hole Breakfast Sandwiches from Daily Dish Recipes
- Tomato Asiago Frittata from Books n’ Cooks
- Yemeni Shakshouka (Yemeni Spiced Scrambled Eggs) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Creamy Flan from The Freshman Cook
- Creme Anglaise from The Redhead Baker
- Croquembouche from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Dark Chocolate Mousse from The Chef Next Door
- Orange Coconut Bundt Cake from Desserts Required
- Pavlova with Strawberry Curd from Love and Confections
- Pistachio Chai Baked Alaska from The Crumby Cupcake
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pies and Plots
- Plus Curried Egg Salad on Toasted Naan and More Eggtastic Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Thanks for stopping by!! What’s your favorite way to eat eggs??