Apple Pie meets Sticky Buns in this Upside Down Sticky Apple Pie!
Welcome to Day 4 of #ChristmasWeek. This annual event was started in 2012, and is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter!
Apple Pies are a staple in our house. No family event is complete without an apple pie and it’s a Christmas tradition to get cinnamon rolls Christmas morning from mother. My favorite rolls are the butterscotch rolls she makes… they’re to.die.for! Seriously! Everyone else is a fan of sticky buns… so that’s when the light bulb went off and I decided I’d try something new!
Apple Pie marries Sticky Buns and has an Upside Down Sticky Apple Pie baby! How cute!! 🙂
When you take it out of the oven it looks just like an apple pie, but then you flip it out and it looks like a sticky bun!
It’s really quite simple to throw together…. and it’ll be a crowd pleaser!
- 1-9" double crust pastry
- Sticky Mixture
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 cups apples, peeled, cored, thin sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar until starts to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into the bottom of a 9" pie plate.
- Sprinkle with pecans and place in the refrigerator to cool 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and place pastry into the bottom.
- Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle a couple teaspoons of flour mixture over the bottom crust.
- Layer with a few apples, sprinkle more flour mixture and repeat.
- Place the top pastry over apples.
- Combine the egg and water and brush on the top.
- Bake at 350*F for 20-25 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Immediately turn pie out onto your serving dish.
- Serve with ice cream if you desire!
Pistachio Roca from Cravings of a Lunatic
Slow Cooker Eggnog Granola from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Hot Cocoa Brownies from Crumb: A Food Blog
Soft Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies from Food Done Light
Cranberry Chai Tea Cookies from Farm Fresh Feasts
Chanukah Gelt Cookies from Mother Would Know
Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies from Food Lust People Love
Rocky Road Fudge by My Catholic Kitchen
Best Sugar Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Salted Caramel Chocolate Thumbprints from Mind Over Batter
Gingerbread Chocolate Sandwich Cookies from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Habanero Orange Marmalade from Everyday Southwest
Upside Down Sticky Apple Pie from From Gate to Plate
Homemade Instant Hot Cocoa Mix from Flour on my Face
Chocolate Raspberry Walnut Rugelach from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
S’mores Hot Chocolate from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Did you miss Day 1, 2, and 3?! No worries… Here’s what I shared!
Giveaway mentioned above has now closed!
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…