A quick and easy tender Spiced Pear and Cranberry Coffee Cake is perfect for Christmas morning!
Welcome to Day 2 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started in 2012, and is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter!
There’s almost nothing better than being with family Christmas morning and enjoying a lovely coffee cake while you’re visiting and watching everyone open gifts.
Coffee cake is a quick dish to throw together and that’s exactly what we need when we want to spend as much time as we can with family. The juicy pears keep this cake moist (seriously why do people hate that word?! I don’t get it… but this cake is moist!). The cranberries are a gorgeous addition to the top as the sweetness is also very well balanced!
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh pear, peeled, cored, small diced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a 9x9 baking dish with wax paper or grease the pan.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and buttercream.
- In a sifter combine the dry ingredients.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Fold in the diced pears.
- Pour into the bottom of the prepared 9x9 pan.
- Scatter cranberries over the top.
- Top with streusel.
- Bake at 375*F for 30-45 minutes or until tests done.
- Crumb Topping Directions
- Combine all ingredients, mixing until resembles course crumbs.
Check out Day #2 sweet treats below!
If you missed Day #1 you can find my Gingerbread Cookie Bars with Eggnog Frosting right HERE!!
Mini Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Crack aka Chocolate Saltine Toffee from Cravings of a Lunatic
Caramel and Chocolate Fudge from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls from Food Done Light
Maple Doodles from Farm Fresh Feasts
Blue & White Christmas Bark from Flour On My Face
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Spiced Pear and Cranberry Coffee Cake from From Gate to Plate
Cranberry Cake with Orange Glaze from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Giveaway mentioned above has ended!
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…