Now you can enjoy the flavors of s’mores anytime with this S’mores Bundt Cake!
When fall comes around there’s one thing that I love to do with friends on a cool evening… that’s set in front of a fire with a few marshmallow sticks, a package of graham crackers and Hershey’s bars! Yes!! I love S’mores when I decided to host this month I just had to go with this S’mores theme because September just screams to me S’mores!! For those that don’t know… I’m here in Iowa and the weather is just starting to cool off.
Fall is usually really busy for us as we’re harvesting crops, baling hay, weaning calves, working our normal full-time jobs off the farm and all of our other extracurricular activities on top of it, but this month… we’re extra busy because we’re moving into our new house! Needless to say we’re both pretty excited about that!
I’m not one who likes a dirty kitchen and for the last week I’ve been trying to get stuff unpacked, but that hasn’t happened yet and my kitchen is a complete disaster. Like I seriously had to force myself to bake this cake tonight because there were so many boxes piled up on the floor and dishes on the counter from washing them before I put them away… ya moving hasn’t been going so well as for getting things put where there supposed to be and to top it off tomorrow we’re headed to KC for some Thursday night football so there goes another day without getting the house organized. Oh well right?! We only live once so we might as have fun when we can?
I’m super excited as we’ll be meeting the bestie and her hubby for the Chiefs home opener. We’ve kind of made it a tradition that we always go to the first home game… except last year because S and D welcomed baby L a few weeks before football season started so we had to miss it last year… oh well because baby L was totally worth it! Love my baby niece 🙂
So anyway.. enough babbling, right?
With this theme… I kept it quite simple with chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers, but there are some participants that really put the spin on S’mores and I’m loving it! Can’t wait to try some and you can check them out below too!
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Hershey's chocolate bar pieces
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Chocolate drizzle or syrup
- Preheat oven to 350*F and grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and oil.
- Add the sugars and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine the baking powder, baking soda, flour, 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, and cocoa.
- Add to sugar mixture alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, and brown sugar.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Sprinkle 3/4 graham cracker streusel mixture of batter.
- Top with remaining batter and streusel (reserving 1-2 tablespoons for topping).
- Bake at 350*F for 45-50 minutes or until tests done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooling, in a small saucepan heat the marshmallows and 1 tablespoon butter just until the marshmallows start to enlarge (not fully melt).
- Sprinkle marshmallows over cake and add reserved streusel and chocolate drizzle.
- *I used my food processor to really grind the crackers so it's more of the texture of flour
Autumn Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
Caramel Apple S’mores Bundt by Taking on Magazines
Carrot Graham Mini Bundts with White Chocolate Chips and Marshmallow Glaze by Passion Kneaded
Chocolate Bundt with Marshmallow Graham Filling by Basic N Delicious
Chocolate Graham Cracker Bundt Cake with Roasted Strawberry Marshmallow Filling by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter S’more Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
Deconstructed S’more Bundt Cake by Cali’s Cuisine
Graham Cracker Bundt Cake S’mores by Magnolia Days
Graham Cracker Bundt with Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Marshmallow Frosting by Food Lust People Love
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Bundt with Marshmallow Topping by Our Good Life
Inside Out S’mores Bundt Cake by Liv for Cake
Key Lime S’more Bundt Cake by Patty’s Cake
Mexican Chocolate S’more Bundt Cake by Tartacadabra
Nutella Glazed S’more Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
Nutella S’mores Bundt Cake by Brunch with Joy
Oreo Grasshopper S’more Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pretzels Crown in a S’more Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
Pumpkin S’mores Bundt by Living the Gourmet
Pumpkin S’mores Bundt Cake by How to Philosophize with Cake
S’moreo Caramel Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
S’mores Bundt Cake by From Gate to Plate
S’mores Bundt Cake by La mejor manera de hacer
S’mores Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
S’mores Graham Cracker Bundt Cake by The Spiced Life
Salted Marshmallow and Graham Crack S’more Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
So are you interested in #BundtBakers?? #BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
Once again, thanks for stopping by and checking us out! Hope to see you next month as well! 🙂
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…