A simple, refreshing White Sangria is the perfect beverage to enjoy with company!
Labor Day Weekend is here and that means it’s the last big fling of the summer… which also means this year has gone by too fast already!
College football started this weekend, combines have hit the fields, spring calves are being weaned and leaves are changing. Summer is ending and fall is beginning… it’s time to set back with a minimal labor weekend and enjoy friends and family.
That’s why this White Sangria is a great fit for your relaxing weekend or any weekend for that matter. I’m a fan of both red and white wines, but I wanted to make something a little different for this occasion so I went for the non-traditional Sangria. I used a sweet white wine, Champagne and fruit that I had on hand. You can use any colorful fruit that you’d like… strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, oranges… you get the picture, right? Mix equal parts of wine and Champagne and a forth part orange juice… toss in the fruit… drink up!
- Fruit of your choice... strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, oranges, plums, peaches, ect.
- Orange Juice
- Sweet White Wine (Moscato for instance)
- Wash fruit and slice.
- Fill container with fruit and mix with equal parts of wine and Champagne and 1/4 part orange juice
- Serve cold or over ice.
Now that you’re all set with my White Sangria, be sure to check out the rest of the #SundaySupper No Labor recipes!
Savory Snacks and Sides:
- Acorn Squash, Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas by Our Good Life
- Copy Cat: Momma’s Nachos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cream Cheese and Peach Chutney Pastry Cups by Soni’s Food
- Easy Peasy Cole Slaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Fruit & Cheese Platter by The Freshman Cook
- Olive Tapenade by Whole Food | Real Families
- Semi-Homemade Baked Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Smoked Salmon Spread with Sourdough Baguette by A Gouda Life
Labor Free Main Dishes:
- Ace of Clubs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy and Tasty Filet Mignon on the Grill by Family Foodie
- Easy Baked Spaghetti for a Crowd by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Greek Salad Endive Boats by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Butternut Squash, Zucchini and Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pesto Chicken with Fennel & Tomato Couscous by Books n’ Cooks
- Simple Cheese Enchiladas by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Simple Grilled Rosemary Shrimp by Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Mustard Barbecue Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes by Food Done Light
- Spicy Thai Noodles by Momma’s Meals
Sweet Treats and Drinks:
- Apple Spice Dump Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Blender Chocolate Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- Coconut Martini by Desserts Required
- Creamy Coconut Popsicles by Food Lust People Love
- Eiskaffee by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthy Grab’n’Go Breakfast Muffins by Happy Baking Days
- Mango Salad with Crystallized Ginger by MealDiva
- Mini Pavlovas by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Step Vanilla Sauce by Magnolia Days
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars by Pies and Plots
Labor Free Labor Day:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…