A lemon flavored bundt cake with a tart rhubarb filling makes this Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake a wonderful treat!
Every year I patiently wait for May to come around just so I can pick the first stalk of rhubarb from the garden. It has to be one of my favorite garden treats besides strawberries. I love the tartness, but mixed with lemon and a little sugar… it’s very delightful.
This month for #BundtBakers, Anne from over at From My Sweet Heart has chosen Lemon as our secret ingredient. I know, I know it’s been a few months since I’ve participated in #BundtBakers, but I’ve just been extremely busy here on the farm since March. We’ve gone through calving season and trying to out guess the weatherman so we can finally get some hay cut, but… I’m pretty sure I’ve been living in a swamp these last few months and I haven’t moved to Louisiana I might add!
Alright.. I’m getting off subject… Let’s get back to this Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake!! I was trying to decide how I wanted to finish this cake off… Did I want to cook some rhubarb and puree it? Make a lemon icing or a simple syrup? Well… I opted to whip up a Rhubarb Simple Syrup and my-oh-my… it really topped it off.
Not only is this cake beautiful, but it’s also moist and perfect for your next brunch or dinner party!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, finely chopped
- Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- 4 cups rhubarb, rough chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*F and grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter.
- Mix in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add lemon juice.
- In a sifter combine dry ingredients.
- Gradually add sifted ingredients, alternating with yogurt (beginning and ending with flour).
- Pour half of batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Arrange the rhubarb over the bottom half and top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350*F for 50-60 minutes or until tests done.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before inverting on a cooling rack.
- Drizzle the top of the cake with the Rhubarb Simple Syrup.
- Directions for Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottom pan and boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until rhubarb is tender and syrup has thickened.
- Pour syrup mixture through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Press the rhubarb chunks to extract more flavor.
- Save rhubarb for jam, muffins, or cupcakes for example.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of our Lemonhead Bundt Bakers have came up with this month!
- Bee’s Knees Lemon Honey Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry-Lemon Breakfast Bundt from Cali’s Cuisine
- Bundt Cake de Limón from La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Eggless Lemon Bundt Cake from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Extra Lemon Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Lavender Lemon Cake from Magnolia Days
- Lemon & Lime Cheese Bundt Cake from Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Lemon Apple Upside Down Bundt Cake from Simply Veggies
- Lemon Basil Bundt Cake from Tartacadabra
- Lemon Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake with Tart Lemon Glaze from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemon Confetti Bundt Cake from Our Good Life
- Lemon Curd Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Lemon Honey Bundt Cake from Brunch with Joy
- Lemon Marble Bundt Cake from Jenny and Sweets
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seeds Bundt Cake from La Cocina de Aisha
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Rhubarb Bundt Cake from From Gate to Plate
- Lemon Ricotta and Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Spice Roots
- Lemon Ricotta Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Lemon-Cranberry Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Mini Limoncello Bundts from Living the Gourmet
- Pink Lemon Pound Cake from Making Miracles
- Pink Lemonade Bundt from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Pound Cake Bundt with Lemon Glaze from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Soft Lemon Rosemary Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Spring Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake from Adventures in All Things Food
- Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake from Baking and Creating with Avril
- Sweet Lemon Bundt with Blackberry Glaze from From My Sweet Heart
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board right here. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…
You may also enjoy a few of these from my friends…
Super Lemon Bundt Cake by Sprinkle Some Sugar
Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake by Sally’s Baking Addiction
Lemon Raspberry Yogurt Cake with Lemon Honey Glaze by My Happy Place