This Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Hummus is perfect for pita chips or veggies. It’s garlicy, nutty, and absolutely delicious!
Calling all garlic lovers! Welcome to National Garlic Day 2015, hosted by Heather from girlichef. April 19th is a day for garlic lovers far and wide to come together and celebrate the wonder of “the stinking rose”. Whether it’s the ability to ward off vampires (and bugs), its numerous health benefits, or the way it lends flavor to a dish, there are so many reasons for singing the praises of garlic.
I’m always indulging in garlic… especially this time of year. Why this time of year?? Well, because it’s spring time and around these parts it means one thing. Mushrooms. Which I guess technically means another thing… ticks. Yucky! I’m seriously allergic to those nasty things so one way to help keep them away while we’re mushroom hunting is by eating garlic. That’s why this Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Hummus is another way to help ward off those nasty bugs as well as get a healthy snack.
Truth moment? It wasn’t until about a month ago when I tried hummus for the first time. I know, it’s really hard to believe myself because whoa… why have I been holding myself out for so long? I’ve got so many different ideas for hummus now, I can’t wait to test them all out. 🙂
But while I’m testing those out… how about you test this one out and let me know whatcha think! 🙂
- 15 ounces chickpeas, cooked (drain, rinse, and reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
- 4 roasted garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reserved chickpea liquid or water
- Salt, to taste
- Place the chickpeas into your food processor or high speed blender and pulse until mashed.
- Add the chopped garlic, olive oil, parmesan, pepper, cumin, and lemon juice.
- Process until creamy for at least 1 minute, pulsing a few times throughout.
- Add the reserved chickpea liquid and process for 1 more minute. (If too thick add more liquid)
- Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Serve with additional olive oil, roasted garlic, pita chips or veggies.
- **You may make hummus in advance and keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator**
- Black Garlic Chocolate Cake from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic from My Catholic Kitchen
- Epic Garlic Bread from Shockingly Delicious
- Garlic and White Bean Hummus from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Garlic Lovers Focaccia with Shallots and Sweet Corn from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Stuffed Shells for Two from The Spiffy Cookie
- Garlicky Chard Stuffed Flank Steak from girlichef
- Garlicky Lobster Crab Scampi from Food Lust People Love
- Garlicky Rib Eye Steak with Garlic Bruschetta from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- IPA Pickles from NY Foodgasm
- Lebanese Garlic Sauce from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Louisiana Garlic Bread from Wishes and Dishes
- Ricotta, Garlic and Mushroom Thin Crust Pizza from Simply Healthy Family
- Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Hummus from From Gate to Plate
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Garlic Gruyère Pull-Apart Bread from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
- Spicy Garlic Noodles with Pork from Healthy Delicious
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…