Bring the comfort of Mac and Cheese to the convenience of a Mac and Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
Welcome to our April edition of Foodie Extravaganza! This month I’m hosting and we’re celebrating National Grilled Cheese Month! How exciting is that? Can you believe that you don’t have to have a boring ol’ grilled cheese all the time? We’re talking endless possibilities stuck in between two slices of bread. Seriously. Endless. Just check out what the rest of the group has whipped up. They’re all brilliant!
Around the farm, on a busy spring day or even a summer night.. when we don’t have time to cook, grilled cheeses are our go-to. We do them the boring way, but this year… I think I’m going to branch out from the boring and try all of these creations!
How did I come up with Mac and Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches you’re probably wondering, right? Well… it was kind of one of those deals where… hey, look what I have leftover in the fridge… how about we fry that up and slap it between the bread and see how it tastes. By the way… of course… delicious! Mac and Cheese on the go… comfort food to a whole new level! 🙂
They’re easy because they use leftover mac and cheese.. which of course you don’t have to use leftover… you can make fresh if you want! They don’t take very long to whip up either so they make for a nice change of pace and I’m sure they’d be perfect for the picky kids in your house!
- 4 slices bread
- 2 cups leftover mac & cheese
- 4 tablespoons bread crumbs, plus extra
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, mix together the mac and cheese, 4 tablespoons of bread crumbs, and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Form into patties.
- Heat a skillet or flat top with a 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Place the patties in the skillet and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- In a small bowl mix about 1/4 cup bread crumbs and the parmesan cheese together.
- Butter both sides of the bread and the two outsides dip into the bread crumb mixture.
- Once the patties are browned remove from the skillet.
- On the bottom slice of bread, add 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, topped with patty, and 1/4 cup shredded cheese, then top with the other slice of bread. Repeat with next sandwich.
- Place in skillet and fry until golden brown.
- Remove and serve!
- **You can use white, wheat, french... whatever bread you have on hand**
- Bacon Apple Mascarpone Grilled Cheese from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Caramelized Onion Bacon Grilled Cheese from Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Chicken Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese from Jacklyn at Mrs. Penguin
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Cheese from Marissa at Rae Gun Ramblings
- Crusty Griddle Baked Quesadillas with Poblano Rajas from Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- French Toast Grilled Cheese with Balsamic Berry Compote from Joy at The Joyful Foodie
- Grilled Cheese in the Garden from Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Onions and Spinach from Tara at Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Ham, Apple and Sharp Cheddar Grilled Cheese from Carlee at Cooking With Carlee
- Mac and Cheese Grilled Cheese from Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Muffuletta Grilled Cheese from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Open Faced Italian Grilled Cheese from Kathleen at Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Southern Grilled Cheese from Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Pear Grilled Cheese from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
We are a group of bloggers who love to blog about food! Each month we will decide on an all-famous National Monthly Food Holiday in which we will base our recipes around. This month’s the ingredient is Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. We hope you all enjoy our delicious comfort food treats this month and come back to see what we bring for you next month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…