The marriage between the spiced fig and sweet crab make these Spiced Fig and Crab Stuffed Mushrooms one that everyone will enjoy!
Welcome to Triple S Bites! If you’re just joining us you’re probably wondering what is this party you’re wondering? Triple S Bites simple stands for spicy, saucy, and sexy! Today, I’m bringing you a little spice with the spiced fig, with a little bit of natural sweetness of the crab.
The other day I went a little non-traditional with my V-Day share… Honey Garlic Boneless Chicken Wings… but seriously, aren’t wings good anytime? So today I thought I’d go a little more classy or elegant with the crab. Stuffed mushrooms are always a hit around here and that’s why when I received our sponsor, NOT Ketchup‘s Spiced Fig, I knew it was destined to marry with crab. As I whipped these babies up and tried them… scrumptious! They’re very easy to make and would make a great appetizer any time you’re trying to impress someone!
I’m going to keep this post very short and sweet (no pun intended) as I’m sure you don’t like to hear me ramble on anyway.
- 1 cup crabmeat, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (I used Gourmet Garden Herbs)
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- To Taste salt
- To Taste pepper
- To Taste garlic powder
- 1 pound mushroom caps
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (more or less) NOT Ketchup Spiced Fig
- Preheat oven to 375*
- In a small mixing bowl combine the crabmeat, cream cheese, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings, mixing well
- If you haven't done so already, with a dry paper towel clean the mushrooms and remove the stems
- With a small spoon fill the mushroom caps with crab mixture, rounding the tops slightly
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and bread crumbs, stirring to make sure all the bread crumbs are coated
- Dip the tops of the mushrooms into the bread crumbs and place on cookie sheet
- With a small spoon drizzle NOT Ketchup Spiced Fig over the tops of the mushrooms
- Bake at 375* for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked
- **I used roughly 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and garlic powder**
Are you ready to see what the rest of the #tripleSbites partiers are sharing? Check them out!!
Now for that giveaway that our lovely sponsors have all donated…
But, before I do I want to say thank you to NOT Ketchup and Gourmet Garden Herb & Spices for their products which aided in the creation of this dish! Follow NOT Ketchup on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter. Also, follow Gourmet Garden Herb & Spices on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment (below) and tell me What’s your favorite romantic dish to cook for your sweetheart? Many more ways to enter in the Rafflecopter widget [below].
This giveaway is open to residents of the United States only, age 18 and older. This #TripleSBites 2015 giveaway runs from Monday, February 2, 2015 12:00am PT through Monday, February 9, 2015 at 6:00pm PT. Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on February 10, 2015. Winners will also be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If a winner does not respond in that time a new winner will be chosen. For more information, see the full terms and conditions in the Rafflecopter widget.
Disclaimer: All prize packages were provided free of charge. Participating bloggers received complimentary product(s) for their #TripleSBites posts. All opinions stated are my own.
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…