A sauce made of honey, garlic, and soy sauce make these Honey Garlic Boneless Chicken Wings a favorite for any occasion!
Welcome to our first day of Triple S Bites! What is this party you’re wondering? Triple S Bites simple stands for spicy, saucy, and sexy! Today, I wanted to start you out on a saucy note, with a little bit of sweet. I know, that’s not what Triple S Bites stands for, but you need some sweet and saucy in your life just like me! 🙂
When it comes to Valentine’s Day, I’m more of an anti. Maybe because I’ve been single for too long! Who knows! But regardless, even though I enjoy a fancy pants meal once in awhile, I can totally rock that out at any time not just for Valentine’s Day. That’s why I went with boneless wings because in all honesty… if you’re staying at home for a nice meal in are you cooking for you or your husband? I’m going to guess you’re going to try and cook for him and seriously… men love wings! Ohh and maybe it’s because this V-Day I will be spending it with my nephew, our new show heifer named Majesty, and about 1,000 more exhibitors and show cattle at the Iowa Beef Expo. So… I will throw these wings together and they’ll come with us to the show! Do you want to see my new baby?! She’s so pretty… well except her tail… she’s lacking really good tail hair, but eventually I’ll see over that!
That’s how I will be spending my V-Day…. what a wonderful date right? LOL.
Anyways.. back to food. I loved the sauce, I actually still have some in the fridge and I may even use it to dip random things in because it’s so good. A nice balance between honey, garlic and soy sauce. Delicious! Now lets get onto the recipe!
Before I do that though, I want to say thank you to Gourmet Garden for supplying us with their delicious herbs and spices! These Honey Garlic Boneless Chicken Wings actually use their minced garlic! I just love their stuff! 🙂 By the way, they’re a giveaway sponsor so go enter that as well! It’s at the bottom 🙂
- 3 pounds, boneless chicken breasts
- 1-2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons Gourmet Garden garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Trim the chicken breasts of fat and veins.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep fry to 350*F.
- In one medium bowl, place the flour, salt and pepper. Mix.
- In another medium bowl, combine the eggs and milk.
- Dip each chicken piece into the flour, then egg mixture, then flour again.
- Drop 10-12 (depending on the size of your fryer) into the hot grease.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Remove and repeat with remaining chicken wings.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the garlic for about 2 minutes, but don't burn.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Stirring occasionally, but watching so the pot doesn't boil over as it will bubble up.
- Slightly reduce the sauce, cooking for roughly 5 minutes. (It will still be runny, but should thicken up a bit).
- Remove from heat and toss with wings once they're done cooking.
Now that you’ve seen my anti-V-Day creation using our saucy theme… check out some of the others. I’ve been drooling just in anticipation!
Now for that giveaway that our lovely sponsors have all donated…
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment (below) and tell me What’s
your favorite romantic dish to cook for your sweetheart? Many more ways to
enter in the Rafflecopter widget [below].
This giveaway is open to residents of the United States
only, age 18 and older. This #TripleSBites 2015 giveaway runs from Monday,
February 2, 2015 12:00am PT through Monday, February 9, 2015 at 6:00pm PT.
Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on February 10, 2015. Winners
will also be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond to the email.
If a winner does not respond in that time a new winner will be chosen. For more
information, see the full terms and conditions in the Rafflecopter widget.
Disclaimer: All prize packages were provided free of charge.
Participating bloggers received complimentary product(s) for their
#TripleSBites posts. All opinions stated are my own.
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…