A peppermint infused cake with candy cane cups leads me to share this delicious, moist Candy Cane Cup Bundt Cake for the holiday season!
Pictures coming soon I promise!
#BundtBakers is back and bringing you a mint theme suitable for the holidays of course! When I was out shopping at a local store I ran into these Candy Cane Cups… what are they you’re wondering? Well, they’re basically the same thing as a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup except these are dark chocolate outsides with a candy cane creme filling. Absolutely delicious. I was shocked to see them as I had never found them before, but I chalked it up to yet another new candy to help aid me being fat. Ha. Joking.
In deciding what I wanted to do for this month, I didn’t know if I should go a chocolate cake with the cups inside or a white cake… as you can tell I made up my mind because I wanted the cups to be more visible. Don’t you just love it?? Tastes delicious as well. The cake is made with oil so it’s very moist and minty. Fits the bill for any holiday table around here.
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15-20 Candy Cane Cups, quartered
- 3/4 cup white chocolate
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Candy Cane Cups, rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 350*F and prepare bundt pan by generously greasing and flouring. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil and sugar until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, thoroughly incorporated after each addition.
- Add both flavorings and beat well.
- Gradually add sifted dry ingredients and beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with quartered Candy Cane Cups.
- Pour over remaining batter.
- Bake at 350*F for 50-55 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool cake for 5 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
- Glaze Directions
- Melt the chocolate with the milk and let cool slightly.
- Mix in the powdered sugar.
- Drizzle glaze over cake and sprinkle with chopped Candy Cane Cups.
- Mint Chocolate Truffle Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Creme de menthe butter bundt from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Double Mint Mountain Bundt Cake from Baking in Pyjamas
- Bundt cake with chocolate glaze and mint frosting from La cocina de Aisha
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake from Making Miracles
- Peppermint Cappuccino Cake from Magnolia Days
- Mini Minty Bundt Cakes from Brunch with Joy
- Candy Cane Bundt from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fudgy Peppermint Bundt from A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake from Adventures In All Things Food
- Chocolate bundt cake with peppermint dark chocolate ganache from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Candy Cane Chocolate Bundt Cake from Cassie’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake from Box of Stolen Socks
- Double Chocolate and Mint Cheesecake Bundt Cake from Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Peppermint Mocha Pound Cake Bundt from DessertStalking Blog
- Peppermint Candy Cane Bundt Cake from I love Bundt Cakes
- Candy Cane Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake from Patty’s Cake
- Candy Cane Bundt Cake w/a Chocolate Ganache Drizzle from The Freshman Cook
- Peppermint Whipped Cream Pound Cake with Shaved Mint Chocolate from The Spiced Life
- Peppermint Patty Bundt Cake from Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Peppermint Candy Bundt from Tea and Scones
- Mint Tea Mini Bundts from Passion Kneaded
- Candy Cane Cup Bundt Cake from From Gate to Plate
- Orange and Mint Bundt bread from A Kingdom For a Cake
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for stopping by! Come again soon!
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…