Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls with Eggnog Cream Cheese Icing are a light, delicate and perfect for Christmas morning! Double the eggnog with infused cinnamon rolls and cream cheese icing.
Welcome to Day Three of Christmas Week. This event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We hope to inspire you to break out those holiday sprinkles and get your bake on!
I’m a huge fan of cinnamon rolls. My mother makes Butterscotch Cinnamon Rolls every year for Christmas morning. My brothers come over and grab some hot rolls and then usually take a pan home with them as well. I try to hoard them all, but lets face it… I don’t really need them all anyway!
This year I wanted to try something a little different. It wasn’t until about 2 years ago when I really started enjoying eggnog. I don’t know why, but I kinda just refused to try it until then. Matter of fact I really like it now and especially enjoy it spiked :). That’s why I decided it’s time to start infusing some goodies with it. So here I am starting with these Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls with Eggnog Cream Cheese Icing. Yum!
Super easy. Super delicious. Need I say more? Just look how beautiful these babies are when they’re proofed! Yum!
- 1 packet or 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup warm eggnog
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4-5 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons eggnog
- 1/2-1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Generously grease a 9x13" baking dish and set aside.
- Place yeast, sugar, salt and warm water in a bowl and gently stir. Allow to set 5-10 minutes or until frothy (bubbly).
- Add to the bowl the butter, warm eggnog, sour cream, egg, and vanilla stirring until combined.
- Gradually add the flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough is no longer sticky to the fingers.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or towel and place in a warm area to allow to rise for 60 minutes or until double in size.
- Remove from oven, punch down, and roll dough out in a rectangle about 9"x24".
- Rub dough with softened butter, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Starting at the top, roll the dough backwards to form a log keeping it as tight as possible. With a knife OR dental floss cut the cinnamon rolls (I like to keep them between 1/2" to 1").
- Place rolls in the greased 9x13", cover with plastic wrap or towel and place in a warm area to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350*. Just before baking brush the tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by creaming the cream cheese then adding the eggnog and nutmeg. Gradually add powdered sugar until you've reached desired consistency for spreading or drizzling.
- Once rolls are removed from oven, spread or drizzle with icing.
Thanks to our sponsors for Christmas Week. Anolon is donating a 5-piece Bakeware Set. Swing by their Facebook Page to show them some love. We also have Ball supplying us with 4 sets of Jars in their gorgeous Green Heritage Color. Swing by their Ball Canning and Recipes Facebook Page to say hello.
Swing by all the participants to see what they’ve been whipping up for the holidays:
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peppermint Spritz Cookies by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Scandinavian Fruit Soup by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Egg Nog Pound Cake by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coquito Cheesecake Flan by Mind Over Batter
- Mulled Wine Fruit Gums by Food Lust People Love
- Soft Caramels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Eggnog Icing by From Gate to Plate
Be sure to enter the giveaway below. Open to U.S. residents only. Good luck everyone!
Giveaway Prizes include:
- One 5 piece set of Anolon Bakeware Set
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- One Set of 1 Dozen Assorted Cookie Sampler Box from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop
- Two Sets of Brownie Brittle Snack Sampler (each set includes One 5-ounce bag of each flavour)
- Plus 1 Copy of each of these cookbooks:
- One Autographed Copy of Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie
- One Copy of The Mixer Bible by Meredith Deeds
- One Copy of 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Recipes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
- One Copy of 175 Best Mini Pie Recipes by Julie-Anne Hession
- One Copy of The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Ester Brody
- One Copy of Oatrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of Adventures in Comfort Food by Kerry Alteiro
- One Copy of Food Truck Road Trip by Kim Pham
- One Copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed
- One Copy of 100 Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks by Emily von Euw
- One Copy of CopyKat coms Dining Out at Home Cookbook Recipes by Stephanie Manley
- One Copy of Copykat.com’s Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…