A smooth, rich and creamy cheesecake topped off with a sweet and delicious cranberry sauce makes this Cranberry Cheesecake a must at your next Christmas gathering!
Welcome to Day One of Christmas Week. This event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We hope to inspire you to break out those holiday sprinkles and get your bake on!
I don’t know if I’ve told you this before or not, but… if I had to pick just one dessert to eat for the rest of my life… it would be cheesecake! No doubt about it. I love the creamy, rich, flavor of cheesecake and you can pretty much make it any way you want and add whatever toppings or fillings you want to it and I’m going to devour it. I mean seriously, what’s not to love about cheesecake?
Recently I did have a cheesecake fail and I mean fail. Ugh. I was so disappointed, which I still am and I still don’t know what happened to it to make if fail. Ugh. Cheesecakes are so finicky. The dang thing just would never set up and the flavor was way off.
Oh well… no reason to front about it now I suppose because I’ve got for you a fantastic Cranberry Cheesecake that will knock the socks off of all your guests at the dinner table! I promise! I started with a traditional cheesecake and whipped up a delightful cranberry sauce for the topping. Superb.
So with Christmas right around the corner.. like next week already… wow… serve this up at one of your gatherings. You won’t be disappointed and if you have more than one place to go… don’t worry because the rest of the crew partying for #ChristmasWeek will have you covered also!
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2-8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce (whole cranberry sauce works well too)
- Preheat oven to 350*F and brush an 8, 9 OR 10" springform pan with melted butter, set aside.
- With a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the sugar on medium speed for about 5 minutes or until smooth. On low speed, add each egg, one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated. Mix in sour cream, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt, mixing for about 30 seconds or until combined (Do Not Over Mix).
- Pour batter into prepared springform pan, wrap the pan with aluminum foil and place it in a baking pan or roasting pan. Fill baking pan with 2 inches of water. (I always like to place the pan into the oven before I pour the water in it to avoid spilling).
- Bake at 350*F for about 90 minutes or until the center is slightly giggly.
- Allow to cool before removing the side of the springform.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerator 4-8 hours or overnight.
- Heat cranberry sauce for about 30 seconds and pour over cheesecake when ready to serve.
Thanks to our sponsors for Christmas Week. Anolon is donating a 5-piece Bakeware Set. Swing by their Facebook Page to show them some love. We also have Ball supplying us with 4 sets of Jars in their gorgeous Green Heritage Color. Swing by their Ball Canning and Recipes Facebook Page to say hello.
Swing by all the participants to see what they’ve been whipping up for the holidays:
Coconut Layer Cake by Cravings of a Lunatic
Monster Cookie Cake by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen (It’s Susan’s birthday today as well! Happy Birthday, Susan!)
Chewy Molasses Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by My Catholic Kitchen
Cranberry Berry Pomegranate Sangria by Mind Over Batter
Cranberry Cheesecake by From Gate to Plate
Eggnog Made Easier by Cookistry
Eggnog Muffins with Eggnog Glaze by Food Lust People Love
Finnish Pulla (Cardamom Coffee Braid) by Farm Fresh Feasts
Red Velvet Fudge by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Millionaire’s Shortbread Cookies by Cooking In Stilettos
Are you ready for the big giveaway?? Here it is!! Sorry it’s only open to US residents though…
Giveaway Prizes include:
One 5 piece set of Anolon Bakeware Set
Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
One Set of 1 Dozen Assorted Cookie Sampler Box from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop
Two Sets of Brownie Brittle Snack Sampler (each set includes One 5-ounce bag of each flavour)
Plus 1 Copy of each of these cookbooks:
One Autographed Copy of Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie
One Copy of The Mixer Bible by Meredith Deeds
One Copy of 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Recipes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
One Copy of 175 Best Mini Pie Recipes by Julie-Anne Hession
One Copy of The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Ester Brody
One Copy of Oatrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
One Copy of Adventures in Comfort Food by Kerry Alteiro
One Copy of Food Truck Road Trip by Kim Pham
One Copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed
One Copy of 100 Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks by Emily von Euw
One Copy of CopyKat coms Dining Out at Home Cookbook Recipes by Stephanie Manley
One Copy of Copykat.com’s Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…