Take this classic Apple Bundt Cake to a whole new level with a Whiskey Salted Caramel Sauce.
I am completely out of words today… like I literally don’t have anything to tell you.
Except that this month’s #BundtBakers theme is amazing… not just because I’m hosting and I got to pick the theme… but because it’s boozy!! Oh yeah, I went there. I like my booze (occasionally) in a glass, but then again I also like to make boozy desserts. I jumped on that bandwagon a few years ago. Have you tried it yet? Now is the perfect time! Holiday season is here and what better time to try new recipes and have family and friends test them out for you? After all.. they should be polite and tell you it’s good no matter what! Haha. Just kidding. Maybe?
I still have a few bushels of apples laying around the house (no I’m not being sarcastic)… therefore…. Apple Bundt Cake it has to be… and to top it off a little Whiskey Salted Caramel Sauce. Simply heavenly and the slight hint of whiskey in the caramel sauce is delicious! Keep the spoon out of it! Save it for the cake!
This Apple Bundt Cake with Whiskey Salted Caramel Sauce is heavenly. Very moist and delicious with small chunks of apple scattered throughout. It’s the perfect fall treat and with the sauce it’s a perfect treat to a holiday party… If you’re not that into the whole whiskey thing, you can omit it and just add a little more heavy cream in it’s place. No worries there!
How about we just get onto the recipe and the rest of this awesome Boozy Bundt line up shall we?!
- 1 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whiskey Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniels
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375*F and prepare a 12-cup bundt pan by greasing and flouring.
- In a mixing bowl combine oil, sour cream, sugars, eggs, and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- In a sifter combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture and beat until smooth.
- Stir in apples.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 375*F for 55-60 minutes or until tests done.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before inverting.
- Meanwhile, when the cake is cooling before inverting prepare the caramel sauce.
- In a saucepan combine the sugar and water, heating over medium-high until sugar dissolves.
- Add the corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil and cook until golden brown. Do not stir during this step.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in salt.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk in heavy cream and Jack Daniels until smooth.
- Drizzle over inverted cake.
Check out this 25+ Boozy Bundt line up… don’t forget to pour yourself a glass while you’re at it 🙂
- Anisette and Orange Bundt Cake by Samantha at Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Apple Bundt Cake with Whiskey Salted Caramel by Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Baba au Rhum by Terri at Love and Confections
- Banana Bourbon Bundt Cake by Linda at Brunch with Joy
- Champagne Soaked Cranberry Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Chestnut and Rum Kugelhopf by Jelena at A Kingdom for A Cake
- Chocolate Baileys Bundt Cake by Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Chambord Mini Bundt Cakes by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Chocolate Guinness Bundt by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Chocolate Kahlua Bundt Cake by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Kahlua Bundt Cake with Kahlua Glaze by Tanya at DessertStalking Blog
- Coffee Baileys Bundt Cake by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Frangelico and Fig Bundt Cake by Victoria at Just One Bite Baking
- Gin and Tonic Bundt by Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gingerbread Rum Bundt Cake by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Grand Marnier and Chocolate Chips Bundt Cake with Seville Orange Sauce by Anna at Media racion doble, Por Favor
- Grand Marnier and Tangerine Bundt Cake by Caro at En la Cocina de Caro
- Guinness Chocolate Bundt Cake by Patricia at Patty’s Cake
- Irish Coffee Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Kentucky Bourbon Cake by Cassie at Cassie’s Kitchen
- Lemon Rum Bundt by Catherine at Living the Gourmet
- Limoncello Bundt Cake by Natalia at Principiando en la Cocina
- London Porter Bundt with Lemon Glaze by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Peach Brandy Pound Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Pomegranate and Chocolate with Rum Glaze by Rocio at Kidsandchic
- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Rum Pudding Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Rum Raisin Apple Bundt by Maleka at La Luna en Dulce
- Southern Sweet Potato, Bourbon, and Pecan Bundt by Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Spiced Apple Cider Bundt Cake with Bourbon Glaze by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Tangerine Screwdriver Mini Bundts by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send me an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…