Incredibly delicious. This Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is sure to get the attention of your tailgating crowd and keep you warm on those chilly days at the stadium – or anytime!
Welcome to Day #7 of #10DaysofTailgate! If you’re just joining us let me tell you few things. We have nearly two dozen bloggers with over one hundred recipes scheduled to inspire you through an entire tailgating season. Think chicken wings, skewers, sweet nibbles, and cocktails. The event runs September 20th through September 30th. Just remember: your fork does not go into your monitor…no matter how much you might want to taste some of these dishes. Okay? Get ready…get set… BREAK!
I always enjoy a good burger while tailgating, but sometimes when the weather is down right chilly you just want a nice bowl of soup to warm you up. That’s where this Bacon Cheeseburger Soup comes in very handy! You get all the goodies of a sandwich right in your bowl.
You can make this soup in about 40 minutes and it’s easily transferred to a crock pot for keeping it warm or reheating once you get to your tailgate location.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots, chopped or shredded
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese OR Velveeta, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, brown bacon; drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add to soup; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the bacon, cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream.
- Serve with additional shredded cheese.
- **Yields 2 1/4 quarts**
Here’s what the rest of the crew brought to the table…
Diablo’d Cheesy Bacon-Onion Pinwheel Rolls by Things I Make (for Dinner)
Spiced Kofta with Carrot Karma Yogurt Dip by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Baked Potato Beer Dip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Hot Caramelized Onion Dip by Eliot’s Eats
Healthier Buffalo Cauliflower Dip by The Spiffy Cookie
Dunkin Duck, Cheesy Bacon and Ranch Dip by A Day in the Life on the Farm
El Diablo Mango Mustard Glazed Grilled Scallops by Making Miracles
Honey Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs by Debbi Does Dinner Healthy
Thai Chicken Skewers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup by From Gate to Plate
Grilled Parsley Potatoes by Curious Cuisiniere
Grilled Vegetables by Summer Scraps
Pumpkin Bars by The Pajama Chef
Check out what dishes I’ve made this week by going HERE for a complete list!
Ready for the big touch down aka giveaway?! Here it is… now enter so you can score a bunch of goodies!! Two touchdowns worth of goodies!! Click HERE to see a complete list of our sponsors.
Scroll through our fourteen prize packages!
Terms & Conditions
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with What’s your favorite tailgate dish? Many more ways to enter in the Rafflecopter widget above.
This giveaway is open to residents of the United States only, age 18 and older (sorry to my International followers 🙁 ). The #10DaysofTailgate 2014 giveaway runs from Saturday, September 20, 2014 12:00am PST through Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 6:00pm PST. Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on October 1, 2014. Winners will also be contacted via email and will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If a winner does not respond in that time a new winner will be chosen. For more information, see the full terms and conditions in the Rafflecopter widget.
Disclaimer: Our generous sponsors are providing the prizes free of charge. Participating bloggers may have received product related to these brands to use for #10DaysofTailgate. All opinions stated are their own.
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…