The convenience of a pulled pork sandwich wrapped up and ready to go. These Cheesy BBQ Pulled Pork Egg Rolls allow you to grab-and-go so you can mingle during your tailgate festivities!
Welcome to Day #6 of #10DaysofTailgate! If you’re just joining us let me tell you few things. We have nearly two dozen bloggers with over one hundred recipes scheduled to inspire you through an entire tailgating season. Think chicken wings, skewers, sweet nibbles, and cocktails. The event runs September 20th through September 30th. Just remember: your fork does not go into your monitor…no matter how much you might want to taste some of these dishes. Okay? Get ready…get set… BREAK!
I’m a big fan of pulled pork.
I’m a fan of anything cheesy.
And things wrapped in egg rolls.
So why not combine them all and have the best of all the worlds?!
That’s exactly what I did.
We’re talking Cheesy BBQ Pulled Pork Egg Rolls.
They’re really quite simple… It took me a few times to get the correct meat to cheese ratio and then I was making the egg rolls from scratch and let me tell you… that’s a long process haha, but totally worth it!
Is all you need for these babies are some pulled pork, your favorite BBQ sauce, cheese and egg rolls. It’s like one of the simplest tailgating dishes I’ve made!
Pretty sure I will be making these for the next Chiefs game we go to! And you can just take some oil and a pan to heat it on the grill or… if you have electricity, just take a deep fryer 🙂
You can make your own pulled pork out of a pork shoulder/loin/butt… whatever you wish. Season it with some salt and pepper, toss in the crock pot and let’er cook! Once done, just shred. Otherwise, you can buy some at the store to save some time. Oh, and by all means go and buy pre-made egg roll wrappers LOL.
When you’re filling the wrappers make sure you don’t get too close to the edges because you want the edges to seal.
Alright… enough talk. I’m starving just thinking about these things!
But aren’t these things so pretty?! Nice and golden brown…
- 4 cups pulled pork
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (your favorite)
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Egg Roll Wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl combine the egg and water to create an egg wash.
- In another bowl, combine the pulled pork with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- On a clean surface, place an egg roll wrapper with one corner facing you.
- With a brush, dip in the egg wash and brush just the outer edges of the wrapper.
- Place roughly 1/8-1/4 cup cheese at the bottom of the wrapper followed by 1/4 cup pulled pork.
- Take the corner facing you and place over the pulled pork.
- Roll once and fold the sides in and continue to roll.
- Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers.
- Brush the egg rolls with egg wash.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or deep fat fryer to 400*F
- Drop the egg rolls in the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with additional BBQ Sauce.
- **You may use sliced cheese (use 2 per egg roll) OR one slice of Velveeta**
Here’s what everyone brought to the table today…
Cheesy Maple Leaf Farm Duck Bacon Oven Chips by Making Miracles
Mango-Mustard Crock Pot Wings by Curious Cuisiniere
Cheesy BBQ Pulled Pork Egg Rolls by From Gate to Plate
Herbed Deviled Eggs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Amaretto Spiced Apple Cider by The Spiffy Cookie
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus by Debbi Does Dinner HealthyMains
Green and Gold Grilled Chicken (Green Curry and Pineapple) by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Turducken Meatballs by Miss Laura’s Kitchen
Meaty “Beast Mode” Baked Beans by OnTheMove-In the Galley
Chicken Apple Bratwurst Burgers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Grilled Green Beans, Mushrooms, and Duck Bacon by The Pajama Chef
Check out what dishes I’ve made this week by going HERE for a complete list!
**GIVEAWAY MENTIONED ABOVE HAS ENDED**
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…