A big thank you to LorAnn Oils for supplying me with high quality ingredients to help bring you a tender, moist, and chocolately Chocolate Chip Horchata Zucchini Bread! All opinions are 100% my own.
Horchata has always been a favorite of mine since I went to Culinary School. We had a guest one day during class who oh-so-graciously prepared for us some Horchata. I kind of fell in love with it and now… every time I find myself indulging in the Mexican Cuisine… I must have myself a glass or two of Horchata.
Are you familiar with Horchata? It’s a milk which can derive from a few different things, but that day in school it was made using rice and that’s the only thing I’ve ever used. To be honest… I was a little leery of it at first, but after tasting it, it was yummy in my tummy! You should try it if you haven’t!! But this Chocolate Chip Horchata Zucchini Bread.. it doesn’t have the “real” milk in it… it simply has a high quality flavoring from LorAnn Oils. Pretty sweet right?!
This time of year around my house, Zucchini Bread is getting made an awful lot. Most the time it’s just the simple classic, but occassionally we’ll throw in some nuts or chocolate chips. With using this flavoring I knew I had to go all out. Chocolate chips compliment the Horchata flavoring perfectly.
The addition of this flavoring brings out a delicious new taste all while keeping the moist and tenderness of the bread!
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups grated, raw, peeled zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon LorAnn Oil Horchata Flavoring
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F and grease and flour two 9x5 loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Add oil and sugar, mixing well.
- Mix in zucchini.
- In a sifter combine dry ingredients.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture.
- Fold in Horchata flavoring and chocolate chips.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into the two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake at 350*F for 50-60 minutes or until tests done.
- Remove from pans and allow to cool on racks.
- **Serve warm with a touch of butter or enjoy at room temperature or cold**
How awesome is it that there’s 40+ recipes using LorAnn Oils?! I can’t wait to purchase some more flavorings to give these all a try!
Marshmallow Cookies with Princess Cake Frosting from Mom’s Busy Helper
White Chocolate Key Lime Shortbread from It Bakes Me Happy
Apple Crumb Coffee Cake from Healthy Delicious
Maple Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Salted Maple Caramel Sauce from The Paisley Barn
The three flavorings I received are going to be game changers for my recipes! In addition to the Horchata I have Strawberry-Kiwi and Bourbon. I can’t wait to play with them more!
What flavorings or emulsions are you wanting to try??
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following at these watering holes…