These creamy, Bacon Horseradish Mashed Potatoes are a sure hit with any horseradish lovers! They’ve made a permanent spot on our menu now!
These just might be my new favorite mashed potato. I do love my potatoes that’s forsure, but you toss in some horseradish and bacon. Oh-my-lanta… these are scrumptious!! I prefer mine with a little more horseradish kick to them, but you can adjust the level to whatever you’re liking. Just be aware of what kind of horseradish you’re buying/using because it varies from jar to jar and brand to brand.
We actually grow our own horseradish here on the farm. It’s been a few years since we’ve harvested any of it though, but might have to do that in the coming months. The ol’ wise tail is that you can harvest in any month containing an “R”. Interesting right?! Don’t you just love wise tails?
Anyway… These mashed potatoes are good by themselves or along side you’re favorite steak or chicken. I even dig in with a spoon when they’re cold! Either way they’re delicious!
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh chives or green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon - 4 tablespoons (I used 2 1/2)
- In a medium stock pot with salted boiling water, cook potatoes until tender
- Drain completely
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until smooth
- Add chives, bacon, mayonnaise, butter, and start at the lower end of the horseradish (1/2 tablespoon) and adjust for your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper
- **The horseradish flavor will soak into the potatoes and become stronger they longer the set--a day or two not hours**
Now on to Week #3 of #BaconMonth. Let’s see what the rest of the bloggers have been up to. I’m just as excited as you are let me tell ya! Also, don’t forget there’s another giveaway going on this week! It runs August 18th through 24th!
First, let met help you get entered into this giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway: Giveaways are open to US and Canadian residents. Canadian residents will receive an amazon.com egiftcard in the amount of the book’s price. Winners will be announced within 48 hours, and will have 48 hours to claim prize, must be 18+, and entries will be verifies (no “giveaway accounts”) This info is listed in the terms, but I wanted you all to know too. Alright… onto Week #3 of the mouthwatering, bacon loving recipes!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back to see more of our bacon loving recipes!! If you don’t want to miss out then be sure to follow #baconmonth and #putsomepiginit on social media! Find even more bacon recipes on our pinterest board!
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following me at these watering holes…