Parmesan Dill and Bacon Hasselback Potatoes are a nice addition to the weekly menu!
I’ve told you before how our menu consists of pretty much just meat and potatoes right?! Well… I’m at it again with trying my first hasselback! I can’t believe I’ve never had a potato this way before, but hey I went out and added bacon to them and delicious!
These fit right into bacon month too because obviously I overloaded them with bacon once it went on my plate… What can I say I like a little potato with my bacon 🙂
Hasselbacks are really easy to make. You just have to make sure you don’t cut all the way through the potato. I used Idaho Potatoes, but you can use Yukons (which is more popular for these). I think of these as basically a baked potato in a different form. You can top them with anything your heart desires.. like seriously anything.
- 2 potatoes, washed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- Preheat oven to 425*F
- Using a sharp knife make slits in the potatoes 1/4" thick, making sure to not cut all the way through the potato
- Slice the butter into thin slices and place in the wedges (every other wedge is fine)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 425*F for 40-45 minutes or until skin is crispy and potato is cooked, basting with the melted butter every 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with dill, cheese, and bacon
- Return to oven and bake until cheese has melted, 5-10 minutes
- Serve with additional cheeses and sour cream
Now on to Week #3 of #BaconMonth. Let’s see what the rest of the bloggers have been up to. I’m just as excited as you are let me tell ya! Also, don’t forget there’s another giveaway going on this week! It runs August 18th through 24th!
First, let met help you get entered into this giveaway!
Giveaway: Giveaways are open to US and Canadian residents. Canadian residents will receive an amazon.com egiftcard in the amount of the book’s price. Winners will be announced within 48 hours, and will have 48 hours to claim prize, must be 18+, and entries will be verifies (no “giveaway accounts”) This info is listed in the terms, but I wanted you all to know too.
Alright… onto Week #4 of the mouthwatering, bacon loving recipes!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back to see more of our bacon loving recipes!! If you don’t want to miss out then be sure to follow #baconmonth and #putsomepiginit on social media! Find even more bacon recipes on our pinterest board!
You can stalk From Gate to Plate by following me at these watering holes…