Honey Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake. Moist. Delicate. Delicious.
Welcome to another edition of Bundt Bakers! This month’s secret ingredient is honey and honestly when I heard that I got excited! I love honey, but usually it’s a forgotten ingredient for me as I rarely use it in or on anything. Honey has all sorts of advantages; one being that’s it very healthy, but I still fail to use it as much as I should. Oops. At least this month gave me the reason to bust out my old jar I had setting in the cabinet. I must admit… it had turned to sugar and no longer a liquid. Yup, that’s how long it’s been since I used it! Ha!
Anyway… this Honey Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake is great! It’s became one of my favorites really quick. Moist and delicate and the honey syrup that’s on top is just amazing in my opinion, but how can you go wrong with a syrup!?!
I’ve always enjoyed anything that included lemon and poppy seeds, but I kind of wanted to do something a little different. I’ve added honey to the cake and then I’ve made a honey syrup. Yup, double the honey. Excellent! Anddd…. I even used Greek yogurt in this cake to make it a little more healthy 😉 haha… but really I actually ran out of sour cream otherwise I would’ve used that. Not going to complain though because the cake turned out perfectly!
Ohh… just a side not… This was the first time using my new silicon spiral Bundt pan. I was super excited to try it out.. but I kind of didn’t take my cake out in time and the tips started to get brown… but let me tell you it’s still amazing and just gives it a little character 😉
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Honey Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, combine the poppy seeds, milk and honey
- Stir constantly and bring to a boil
- Boil 1 minute and remove from heat to let cool completely
- In a mixer cream the butter, sugar and oil
- Add cooled poppyseed mixture, blending thoroughly
- Add the eggs, one at a time
- Mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and yogurt or sour cream
- In a sifter combine the flour, baking soda, and salt
- Gradually sift into the batter mixture
- Pour into a prepared 12-cup Bundt pan
- Bake at 350* for 40-50 minutes ((watch the time as I baked in a spiral pan and it took 30 minutes)
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling
- Honey Syrup
- While cake is baking, in a small saucepan over low heat combine water, sugar, honey and butter
- Stir frequently and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, stir constantly and allow to thicken slightly so it coats the back of a spoon, remove from heat
- Stir in vanilla
- After the cake has been inverted onto a cooling rack with a toothpick, poke holes into the top of the cake and drizzle with the syrup
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send me an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now onto the other amazing honey infused Bundt Cakes!
- A Taste of Honey by Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Hipy Papy Bthuthdth Thuthda Bthuthdy Cake by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Honey Almond Bundt Cake by Terri at Love and Confections
- Honey Baba au Rhum by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Honey Banana Bundt by Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Honey Bundt Cake with Lemon Honey Glaze by Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Honey Bunny Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Honey Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Honey Glazed Blackberry Cornmeal Bundt Cake by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Honey Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake by Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Pound Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Honey Whiskey Mini Bundt Cakes with Honey Whiskey Glaze by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Orange Hazelnut Bundt Cake by Zainab at Blahnik Baker
- Whole Wheat Honey Spiced Apple Breakfast Bundtlettes by Laura at The Spiced Life
Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you enjoyed my honey creation 🙂
You can stalk me at these watering holes (social media outlets) as I travel from gate to plate