A Warm Bacon Jalapeno Corn Dip that’s packed with flavor that will make you forget about the chips and grab a spoon!
I am so thrilled to bring you my first bacon recipe in this months #putsomepiginit party for #baconmonth! That hashtag though, gets me laughing every time! As I’m going into this month, I have two things on my mind… bacon and football. I am so ready for football season to get here that I just couldn’t wait any longer to start creating new tailgating dishes… this party gave me the perfect opportunity!
Everything about this dip to me screams fresh. I used fresh sweet corn (that I went and stole from the neighbors patch because they’re awesome!), fresh bell peppers, fresh jalapenos, fresh onions, and the bacon.. not even store bought bacon! Pretty sweet right? I think so. It’s always nice when you can utilize the produce you’ve put so much time into.
We’re talking this dish is perfect for any occasion whether it’s setting at home in front of the big screen watching football, at a summer cookout, tailgating, or just because. The cream cheese makes it oh-so creamy and honestly… forget the chips and give me a spoon and you better grab enough the first time because there won’t be any left when you go back for seconds! At least around here there wasn’t.
So I feel I’m beginning to ramble and there’s 1,000,001 things that need done before I have to go play softball for the next three days so I’m going to cut this short, but before I do I want to tell you about the awesome giveaway that we have going on this week! Have you ever heard of the Bacon Nation cookbook? Yeah, I hadn’t either until I joined this awesome group of foodies for this party… but I’m going to have to go cop me a copy because 100+ recipes all about bacon–who wouldn’t love that? Be sure to enter at the bottom of the page!
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon of reserved bacon grease
- 3 cups corn kernels (3-4 fresh ears cooked and cut off the cob using just the kernels not the milky scrappings OR frozen OR canned)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 small bell pepper, diced (red or green)
- 2-4 jalapenos, seeded, diced (use according to your heat preference)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- To Taste salt
- To Taste pepper
- In a large skillet, place the reserved bacon grease and add the onion, pepper, jalapenos, and corn stirring occasionally until tender (about 5 minutes)
- Add the cream cheese and milk, stirring constantly until melted
- If too thick add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time
- Stir in bacon (can save some to garnish the dish with)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve with chips
- **When using fresh sweetcorn--cook as normal whether in hot water or microwave; whichever method you prefer. Then on a plate or sheet pan stand the cob up on the small end and with a sharp knife cut the kernels off (only about half way otherwise the corn will taste "cobby"). Save just the kernel portion for the dip.. utilize the scrappings (milky portion) for another dish such as corn fritters)**
AND don’t forget the other amazing bacon-crazed recipes from my friends!
Now on to the awesome cookbook giveaway for week one which runs August 4-10!!
Giveaway: Giveaways are open to US and Canadian residents. Canadian residents will receive an amazon.com egiftcard in the amount of the book’s price. Winners will be announced within 48 hours, and will have 48 hours to claim prize, must be 18+, and entries will be verifies (no “giveaway accounts”) This info is listed in the terms, but I wanted you all to know too.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back to see more of our bacon loving recipes!! If you don’t want to miss out then be sure to follow #baconmonth and #putsomepiginit on social media! Find even more bacon recipes on our pinterest board!