Get fast food fast at home with this Pepperoni Egg and Cheese Breakfast Muffin.
Breakfast around here has to be fast. I mean we’re talking like fast food fast. Not much time for slacking in the mornings as there’s always chores and fixing of something to take place.
Eggs are always quick and easy. Really no matter how you fry them.. they’re easy and delicious. At any given time you can probably find 15 dozen in our fridge. Yes, our hens are very good layers lol. Well.. except for right now when we have 20 banty hens who think they want to have babies.. that means we’re losing 20 eggs a day because they’re done laying until they have babies! Granted there’s still 3 dozen eggs going into the fridge every day. Ugh. Yeah, we’re going to set some hens this weekend and then in 21 days we will have hopefully 100 new chicks running around! We’re only giving the hens a couple eggs a piece because we already have a full chicken house! I guess that just means more chicken in our freezer, right?
Back to the sandwich…
I think I’ve pretty much found the best cheese to top my sandwich off with too. Sargento UltraThin Cheddar Cheese! It’s super thin, less than 45 calories and when it heats up it’s superrrrrrr ooeey gooeey stringy. I love that it’s stringy and super delicious. You can’t even tell it’s 45 calories! So pairing this cheese in a nice hot egg sandwich is perfect! Top it off with some pepperoni instead of ham, sausage or bacon for a change. Delic! Around here we like to slap on some mustard, horseradish and onions. Yup, that’s all!
Anyways… lets get to this fast food fast at home without a bunch of my babbling.
Sorry for the horrible shadowy photos too… I was hungry 🙂
Now go eat!!
- 1 English Muffin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sliced Cheese--Sargento UltraThin Cheddar
- Topping ideas-
- In a skillet over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add eggs to skillet (I use two) and break the yolks.
- Let the eggs cook on the bottom side until the whites are just slightly runny on the top, then flip and cook until the white is no longer runny. Will only take 2-3 minutes total if cooking over low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the egg(s) with slices of cheese and pepperoni while they're still in the skillet (This allows the cheese to melt and the pepperoni to get warm).
- Toast your muffin the toaster.
- Add butter to both sides. ((I prefer butter, mustard on one side and horseradish on the other)
- Place the pepperoni eggs and cheese on your muffin.
- Add additional toppings of your choice if you choose.
I hope you enjoy!!
You may also like these breakfast sandwiches from my blogger friends…
**Disclaimer**I received these products complementary from Influenster for testing purposes, all opinions are 100% my own!