Garlic Dill Roasted Potato Wedges… no dipping sauce needed. Period.
It’s no secret that I’m a huge garlic lover. I love the smell and most of all the flavor. Any chance I get, I’m adding garlic! So what if it makes your breathe stinky for a little bit. It’s got some other benefits too 🙂 especially this time of year when I’m wanting to go mushroom hunting. Believe it or not, the scent of garlic comes out in your skin and those dang yucky ticks that I’m allergic to don’t like that smell!
Given my garlic obsession, when I heard that a group of bloggers were getting together to celebrate National Garlic Day I had to jump in. We’re talking all sorts of garlic! Yes, please!! Don’t have to ask me twice.
Another one of my not so hidden favorites belongs to the lovely starch family… you know those potatoes that I can’t seem to stay away from. So why not bring the two together right? Throw in some dill weed and it’s pretty much deliciousness all in a mouthful.
These Garlic Dill Roasted Potato Wedges are super easy and the perfect combination with a burger. Another awesome thing is that these wedges need absolutely NO dipping sauce. I’m a huge ranch fan when it comes to my fries and I tried it with these and it was a no go… seriously no dipping sauce required.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 roasted garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons dill weed
- Preheat oven to 425*
- In a medium bowl, toss the potato wedges, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place on a cookie sheet
- Bake at 425* for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and toss with dill weed.
- **If you do not want to roast the garlic, simply used minced garlic (but I recommend roasted garlic--more flavor)**
Now… lets get to the rest of the garlic fun shall we?? Did I also mention that there’s a giveaway too?? Well there is… so go enter and check out all the other yummies!
- Black Garlic Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream from girlichef
- Caesar Tartlets with Sweet Garlic Butter Crusts from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Garlic Infused Olive Oil from MarocMama
- Garlic and Herb Lamb Chops from Healthy. Delicious.
- Garlic Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Garlic Dill Roasted Potato Wedges from From Gate to Plate
- Garlic Fried Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Garlic Soup with Cheese & Garlic Olive Crunch Bread from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Garlic Trifecta with Quinoa Pasta and Spinach from Peaceful Cooking
- Gnocchetti with Asparagus and Garlic-Gorgonzola Sauce from The Spiffy Cookie
- Heart Healthy Roasted Garlic Chicken Recipe from It’s Yummi!
- Roasted Garlic Butter from Basic N Delicious
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza Pockets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow-Roasted Lamb with 40 Cloves of Garlic from Food Lust People Love
- Vampire Garlic Dip from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
In honor of National Garlic Day and our love of the stinking rose, we are giving away a Garlic Lovers Prize Pack (valued at over $100) that includes:
- The Garlic Farmers’ Cookbook
- One-year membership to the Garlic Seed Foundation
- 5 Garlic Button Covers
- OXO Good Grips Garlic Press
- The Ultimate Garlic Peeler
- Tumbleweed Pottery Garlic Clove Canister Keeper with Vented Lid
- Terra Cotta Garlic Roaster
- 2 Bulbs of Whole Black Garlic
To enter, simply leave a comment on this post (mandatory) answering this question: What is your favorite GARLICKY dish (or one that you’d love to try)?
After you’ve answered the question for entry into this contest, be sure to record that you did so in the rafflecopter widget below; doing so will unlock many more optional ways to earn entries.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is open to residents of the Continental USA. Entries will be accepted through 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, April 24, 2014. All entries will be verified. A winner will be chosen from qualifying entries via random draw, and notified via email within 48 hours of the close of this contest. The winner will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to respond with their complete name and mailing address (no P.O. Boxes). If no response is received within 24 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
Prizes provided by The Garlic Seed Foundation, Food Lust People Love and girlichef. Prizes may vary slightly from images shown and are subject to replacement with comparable items if ones pictured are no longer available at the close of this contest. Items may be shipped separately.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Looking for more garlic love? Check these out…