These Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie Cupcakes includes two of my favorites: Coconut Cream Pie and Chocolate!
I’m a lover of all things pie. Seriously. It doesn’t matter the flavor or fruit… I’m loving it no matter what. But honestly… I really just love food too ha!
Coconut Cream Pie is my absolute-over-the-top FAVORITE cream pie. I’m not talking the pudding “cream” pie either. I’m talking the homemade, stir for 30 minutes cream pie. If you’ve never made your own filling without the pudding mix… you’re really missing out. Not even joking! I refuse to eat anything but “the real deal” when cream pies are involved… that goes for lemon, vanilla, coconut, chocolate… yeah you get the picture right??
So when I found out that the Chocolate Party was starting up again and this month’s secret ingredient just happens to be chocolate and coconut… I had to put them together into Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie Cupcakes. What’s better than plain old coconut?? Add some chocolate and throw them into a “bite-sized” cupcakes… duh silly goose 🙂
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (Gold Medal)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Coconut Cream Filling
- 3 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Whipped Cream
- Flaked Coconut
- Ganache for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a cupcake tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar.
- Cut in the butter using a mixer, pastry cutter or a fork.
- Press 1 teaspoon of the mixture into each of the prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350*F for ??? or until crust is light brown.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
- In a small saucepan heat the cream until it reaches a simmer and remove from the heat.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until uniform in color, also smooth and shiny.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes before spooning the ganache over the cooled crust.
- Place crusts in the refrigerator to allow the ganache to "set-up".
- While the crust is chilling, prepare the filling.
- In a medium saucepan combine the milk and sugar over medium heat. Dissolve the sugar and bring just to a boil.
- With a whip, beat the eggs and cornstarch until smooth.
- Temper the egg mixture by slowly beating in the hot milk in a thin stream. (about 1/2 cup hot milk)
- Return the mixture to the heat and temper the egg mixture back into the hot milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture comes to a boil and thickens (mine only took a few minutes), remove from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and coconut; mix until completely blended.
- Spoon into ganache covered crusts.
- Cool, then keep chilled in the refrigerator.
- Chilled cupcakes may be decorated with whipped topping and garnished with toasted coconut.
Now that you’ve seen my chocolate and coconut creations, you should head over to see what everyone else has to share…
Chocolate Coconut Cake at Roxana’s Home Baking
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Shortbread Cookies at Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Easy Bird’s Nest Cookies at From Brazil to You
Toasted Coconut Marshmallow Cups at It Bakes Me Happy
Chocolate Coconut Joy Pudding at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Double Chocolate Coconut Pudding Cookies at Life on Food
Mini Samoa Donuts at Uraban Bakes
Chocolate Cake and Coconut Milkshake at Diethood
Are you wanting to participate?! Well here are a few simple rules to follow
1. Blog about your chocolate treat! Your recipe must include the two ingredients we choose. It can be a simple no-bake treat or a sophisticated layer cake; the complexity level of the recipe is totally up to you!
2. Include a link back to the Chocolate Party Page! Optionally, add the Chocolate Party logo in your blog post or on your sidebar.
3. Your recipe must be published during the current month! Please do not link old recipes, they will be deleted.