This Parmesan & Garlic Sauce is for those B-Dub lovers who sometimes would rather stay at home and still enjoy awesome homemade wings!
Welcome to Day #5 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan , we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
I have seriously found my new favorite sauce… this Parmesan and Garlic Sauce I made for these Boneless Wings is outstanding. I’m a huge garlic fan though. Yes, forget the bad breathe afterwards because I’m still a fan. Oh, and during mushroom season… garlic is my savoir! I’m allergic to ticks (the only thing that I’m allergic to) and the garlic scent is released out my pores, therefore the ticks stay away! Hallelujah!
So when it comes to wings are you a bone-in wing lover or a boneless wing lover?? I’m totally a boneless lover, but isn’t it funny that boneless wings really aren’t wings at all?! Okay, so maybe it’s not all that funny. It’s just super late.. .or well early in the morning–however you want to put it so I’m pretty rambly right now.
This sauce is so simple to make… and having a garlic press makes it a lot easier lol. I totally don’t have one and well I’m going to invest in one now that’s for sure!
I started out with getting the garlic cloves in the oven to get tender. Only took about 20 minutes. Then I got my naked wings made. They’re pretty simple too. Just take a couple boneless chicken breasts and slice them up into bite size pieces. Make a seasoned flour (salt and pepper) in one bowl and an egg and milk mixture in another. Dip each “wing” into the flour, then egg mixture, then flour again. Fry! How easy is that??
As your wings are frying, you can smash your garlic through the press or you have to do it the not so fun way like I did–smashing it with a knife. I mean there’s nothing wrong with the knife, it just doesn’t get smashed into fine little pieces like it would with the garlic press… Ohh well the flavor still stays the same!! Also, a little tidbit (that’s my word of the day lol)… the longer the sauce sets the better it becomes.. so you could always make it ahead of time.
But seriously… I am pretty sure that I will never have to go to B-Dub’s again… this is much better than their garlic sauce!! LOVE IT! Seriously. LOVE IT!
- 3 pounds, boneless chicken breasts
- 1-2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Trim the chicken breasts of fat and veins.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep fry to 350*F.
- In one medium bowl, place the flour, salt and pepper. Mix.
- In another medium bowl, combine the eggs and milk.
- Dip each chicken piece into the flour, then egg mixture, then flour again.
- Drop 10-12 (depending on the size of your fryer) into the hot grease.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Remove and repeat with remaining chicken wings.
- Place the garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Press through a garlic press or using the side of a knife, smash.
- Combine garlic and all remaining sauce ingredients.
- Refrigerate for more flavor development or toss with wings.
- **Yields roughly 1 cup sauce----Enough for 3 pounds of boneless wings**
- **For the spices, I used dry**
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more delicious ideas:
- Lasagna Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Spinach Squares by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Ultimate Stuffed ‘Shrooms by Cooking in Stilettos
- Feta Chicken Wontons by Makobi Scribe
- Roasted Red Pepper Guacamole by Clarks Condensed
- Parmesan and Garlic Boneless Chicken Wings by From Gate to Plate
- Greek Salad Skewers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cajun Bacon Nuts by Life Off the Clock
- Jalapeno Poppers by Organized Island
- Mini Loaded Twice Baked Potato by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chicken & Cheese Taquitos by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Very Veggie Puff Pastry Pizza Bites by Farm Fresh Feasts
- BBQ Chicken Nachosby Lemons for Lulu
- Apricot Blue Cheese Bitesby Food Lust People Love
- Low-Carb Kickin’ Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggsby Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Sweet Onion Galette by Call Me PMc
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Sticky Asian Chicken Wings by Flavor Mosaic
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by Home Cooking Memories
Today’s sponsor is PotsandPans.com. Whether you’re shopping for the perfect pot or the perfect price PotsandPans.com is the one stop shop for the savvy chef! PotsandPans.com is supplying #AppetizerWeek with some really special Rachael Ray Tools. Rachael Ray Tools all have one thing in mind: making time in the kitchen fun and efficient. These tools fit the bill with bright hues and innovative designs, today’s prize pack is being offered in Orange. We know it will brighten up any kitchen. You can follow PotsandPans.com on Facebook and on Twitter.
Giveaway is open to U.S. Residents only. Must be 18 years, or older to participate. Please see terms in rafflecopter for full rules and regulations. Sorry to all our Canadian and International readers.
List of PotsandPans.com Prizes from Rachael Ray Tools:
Rachael Ray Tools 2-pc Spoonula Set in Orange
Rachael Ray Tools 2-pc Set: Lazy Spoon and Ladle in Orange
Rachael Ray Tools 2-pc Salt and Pepper Grinder Set in Orange
Rachael Ray Tools 3 Tier Stacking Salt Box
Rachael Ray Tools Balloon Whisk in Orange
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by PotsandPans.com. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
**This recipe may be participating in these linky parties**