Welcome to Day #2 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
This is going to be short and sweet. I have not been feeling very well today and I’m extremely tired so I must apologize ahead of time!! But let me guess, you don’t want to
listen read my ramblings anyway.
So lets get to the point.
Are you a fan of Buffalo Chicken, but get tired of the same old wings and dip? Well, I’m here to save the day! These Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites are deliciously creamy and could be considered buffalo chicken dip in bite size munchies! Pretty genius right? Haha. They take a little more time than plain old dip, but they’re worth it! You can enjoy them either hot or cold and you can even prepare them ahead of time and throw them in the freezer! Check out the directions to learn how.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/4-1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder granules
- 1/2-1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups crushed potatoes chips (Lays Plain)
- Place chicken, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in mixing bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Adjust seasonings and sauce to taste.
- With a cookie scoop or spoon, make 1-inch round balls.
- Place 1/2 cup flour in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs and milk.
- In a third bowl pour the crushed potato chips.
- Take each ball and dip in flour, then egg mixture and lastly the crushed chips and place on a greased cookie sheet. (I was able to fit 24 on a cookie sheet)
- Repeat, adding more flour when needed.
- Bake at 350*F for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Serve hot or cold with your favorite dipping sauce (Blue Cheese/Ranch)
- **Instead of Lays potato chips you can use plain tortilla chips, bread crumbs, or Corn Flakes**
- **Can make ahead; freeze on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Once frozen place in a zip-lock bag. Allow to thaw on a cookie sheet in a single layer before baking**
Visit all the other Appetizer Week Peeps for more Munchie Causing Goodness:
- Pizza Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Steak and Potato Bites by Kiss My Smoke
- Gluten Free Brie en Croute by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Caramelized Onion, Brie, and Pear Crostini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Low-Carb Chicken Dip by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Caramelized Onion Dip by Cooking in Stilettos
- Tuna Bruschetta by What’s Cooking, Love?
- Harvest Sweet Potato Salsa by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Parmesan Chips by Makobi Scribe
- Mini Cheeseburgers by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies by Clarks Condensed
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites by From Gate to Plate
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Apricots by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs by My Catholic Kitchen
- Bacon Cheese Popcorn by Life Off the Clock
- Empanada Mini Pies by The NY Melrose Family
- Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Cheesy Mexican Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- French Onion Grilled Cheese Stackers by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Root Beer Chicken Wings by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Swiss Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms by Cookerati
Today’s sponsor is Anolon. They are providing an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel Collection 10-piece set, which includes 1.25 Qt. & 2.5 Qt. covered saucepans, 3 Qt. covered saute, 6.5 Qt. covered stockpot, 8″ & 10″ French skillets. This Anolon Set has a stunning, high polished finish that would class up any kitchen. This set is crafted with a layer of copper on the bottom which provides optimum heat conduction and is also dishwasher safe. Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel cookware is gorgeous and will withstand the test of time.
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Winner must be 18 years of age, or older. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be contacted via email and has 72 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. Good luck!
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Anolon. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow to find more munchies and free prizes!!