I am a pasta lover.. I mean I can eat pasta All.The.Time!! Maybe that’s why my pants hate me lately?? Just gives me more reason to bust out my Insanity. But hey, I need to be doing that regardless… Work off these college pounds. BLAH!
Pasta is in the category of Comfort Foods for me. It’s my go-to dish that never fails. No matter what pasta shape, sauce or meat I put into it… it’s always a pleaser.
This Cheesy Sausage Pasta was no exception. It’s more of the…… “I ate the entire pot already? It can’t be gone! I. Want. More!!” type pasta. Leftovers in this house with this dish is a fight. First-come-first-serve on who gets out of class first to eat lunch. Luckily, the last time I made this I got out of class first!! 🙂
If you love quick and easy creamy, cheesy oooey gooey pasta… you’ll love this!
I mean I really can’t think of anything more to tell you to explain how damn delicious this dish is… just make the damn thing already so you’ll know for yourself 🙂 LOL… Am I getting a little snarky?? Ohh… I’m sorry! It’s getting late and been a busy week.
Besides doing chores and cutting firewood, I’ve been trying to unpack and clean the house (which is only like two boxes that have been unpacked) and actually I’m not completely moved back to good ol’ Iowa yet either. This weather that we’ve been having has really put a damper on a lot of things. Do you want to hear the list??
My Weather Dampering List:
1. Moving back to Iowa
2. Deer Hunting (the damn deer aren’t running normal and it’s making me mad lol)
3. Road tripping to Bama to watch my Bearcats play for the D2 Championship #oabaab
Okay….. so maybe that’s not all that big of a list, but… hey those are some pretty important things lol…
So…. I’ll get off my rambling…
Just get into that kitchen and make this for supper. I promise it won’t disappoint!
Dig In!!! Enjoy 🙂
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sausage (Hillshire Farms Kielbasa)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles (I use Mild)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup scallions/green onions, thinly sliced
- In an medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add olive oil. Add sausage and onions and cook until onions are transparent. Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper. Stir. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.. Simmer until pasta is cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Sprinkle with scallions
- **I also like to add about 1/2 cup cheddar cheese**
This recipe has been linked up to THESE parties:
**Sweet & Savoury Sunday (42)**Marvelous Mondays (78)**Inspiration Monday**Mix It Up Monday**Less Laundry, More Linking (20)**What’d You Do This Weekend**