I had to enlist a few taste-testers for the sweet treats that I made last week. Who doesn’t like getting input from others outside of your household anyway?
But I am so glad that I sent samples over to my good buddies! These cupcakes received the highest praise and they deserve it as well! My taste testers said they were “5-star” and “to die for“.
Official Taste Tester #I8 is having too much fun with this job though, but I am enjoying every bit of it as well!! I’m still laughing at her craftiness of “I8″…. I would never have came up with that haha!!
Usually I make these cupcakes with a plain cream cheese frosting or don’t even frost them at all. They’re good any way you want them… and when I’m feeling really lazy I just throw them into a 9×13 and bake. So versatile lol.
This cupcake is so moist and delicious. I hope you enjoy them just as much as OTT #I8 and the others.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups apples, finely diced or shredded
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces (PHILADELPHIA) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2-2 cups powdered sugar, depending on desired thickness and sweetness
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Prepare cupcake tin with liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift in dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add apples and mix well.
- With a scoop fill cupcake liners (of if you don't have a scoop fill 2/3 full).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tests done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled completely, frost cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Gradually add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you've reached desired thickness and sweetness.
- **For the apples, I placed them in my food processor and chopped very fine**
This recipe has participated in these link parties:
**Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop**Munching Mondays (16)**Show Me Your Plaid’s Monday (46)**What’d You Do This Weekend? (44)**Sweet & Savoury Sundays (39)**Inspiration Monday**Marvelous Mondays (75)**Mix It Up Monday**Time to Sparkle (38)**Two Cup Tuesday (48)**Create It or Bake It (8)**Show Me What Ya Got (149)**Tuesday Talent Show (112)**Homemade By You (78)**Wake Up Wednesdays (15)**Cast Party Wednesday (119)**The Weekend Re-Treat (45)**Less Laundry, More Linking (18)**Sugar & Spice (198)**Whatever Wednesday**The Wednesday Round-Up (3)**Whimsy Wednesday (92)**Wonderful Food Wednesdays (66)**Wow Us Wednesday**Tasty Thursdays (68)**The Creative Connection (22)**Freedom Fridays (5)**