I’ve always wanted to have a Recipe Swap Party, but have never gotten around to having one, let alone having time to plan.
I got paired with a lovely lady, Nicole who blogs at Our Humble Webb. We may not know each other personally, but after following each other on Instagram we have enjoyed a few good laughs… It’s always great to “meet” new people!
While Nicole was living in Texas, her mother-in-law came to visit and made it for her and her family. She says this recipe is so quick and easy to make and is a huge hit with all her family. I am going to have to agree with her! It’s so easy to make and once it’s done… mmm delicious and packed with so much flavor… and quite addicting!! It will be perfect for tailgating!
Nicole states there are a variety of different versions out there for this dip, but this is her favorite. She reassures everyone that this recipe can easily be tweaked to your liking and for her family, they always add some extra kick!
The name of this dip is quite fitting for her household as her husband is a die-hard Husker fan… Boo—Go Hawks!! Maybe I could call it Herky Dip haha.
Just as her mother-in-law passed this recipe around to her and her gal pals, Nicole passed it on to me and I’m going to continue to pass it around as well! I hope you enjoy!
Be sure to stop over at Our Humble Webb to see the rest of Nicole’s goodies and don’t forget to tell her I sent you!
- 1-10 ounce can Mexi-Corn, drained
- 1-10 ounce can White Corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chili-flavored cheese (taco or cheddar will work also)
- 1 packet taco or chili seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing well
- Refrigerate at least two hours to allow the flavors to be absorbed
- Serve with Chili Cheese Flavored Fritos.
I want to thank Doree (Top Notch Mom) and Susan (The Foodette) for hosting this recipe swap! I’ve had a lot of fun participating and can’t wait until the next one!
This recipe is participating in these linky parties:
Sweet & Savoury Sunday (37)**Inspiration Monday**Marvelous Mondays (73)**Mix It Up Monday**